Our client,The Forefront Group is on the lookout for an experienced, creative and innovative Publicist to the team on a part-time, Independent Contractor basis. As an independent contractor specializing in public relations, you will play a vital role in delivering on our brand's promise to tell our client's stories and propel them to the forefront of their industries.
The Publicist's primary focus is to secure national press campaigns and work to secure top-tier national media opportunities for clients, including press coverage across broadcast, print and digital; speaking engagements, branding and red carpet events.
SCOPE OF SERVICE:
- Develop and execute strategic public relations plans that align with the agency and client goals.
- Manage multiple ongoing public relations projects
- Interface with clients when relevant to managing media interviews, image requests, and executing PR events
- Execute all phases of strategy for PR campaigns while balancing company's client roster
- Plan, strategize and execute press junkets and events
- Proactively identify key press, pitch story topics to journalists and follow-up with editorial opportunities
- Manage relationships with external partners in media, corporate & fashion industries
- Oversee proposal process for potential clients
- Deliver comprehensive weekly and semi-monthly client reports
- Maintenance of publicity database and research tools to expand company's reach
- Bachelor's Degree preferred (Public Relations, Media Communications, or other relevant areas)
- 3-5 years experience in PR or media relations, with at least 1 year within Music Industry preferred
- A proven track record of securing feature placements in broadcast, print, and online
- A professional with established relationships with key press contacts within the entertainment industry
- Excellent written and verbal skills (samples required)
- Ability to manage time effectively, setting and meeting deadlines while maintaining quality of work
- Ability to travel and work some weekends (when necessary)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PR Newswire, Cision, Filemaker, Google Drive, Social Media
- Highly motivated, positive, creative, energetic, ambitious and driven
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by a contractor occupying this position. Contractors may be asked to perform other related duties as assigned to ensure we meet the needs or our clients. This job description does NOT constitute an employment agreement between the company and the independent contractor, and is subject to change by the company as the organizational needs and requirements of the position change.