- 24-Jan-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Hampton, NH, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k match, Auto Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program and Flexible Spending Account
AstenJohnson is the leader in technical fabrics. Our drive to provide the best products and service in our industry is fueled by our associates and their drive to innovate. We want our associates to build careers here and become part of the fabric of our 230 year old company. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a workplace built on respect and purpose.
General Scope of Responsibilities:
In partnership with the President, the VP Finance has ultimate responsibility for all the financial and information activities of the AJ Nonwovens (AJNW) business. In addition, they will lead strategy and all related M&A activities. Identifying and executing group profit improvement opportunities will a primary focus area.
- Drive the profit engine:
- Evaluate and identify opportunities to exceed plan. E.g. Buying and Selling fiber, reduce/optimize our product portfolio, optimize our strategy around energy, managing waste etc...
- Leadership: Be seen as an inspiring business leader and help drive associate engagement
- Partner with President to lead the AJ Nonwovens strategy
- Help define our strategic direction
- Lead proposed M&A activity
- All key financial activities, including billing, AR, AP, inventory, cash flow, financial statements
- Create strategies to help the business optimize and control working capital
- Partner with Corporate IT to lead our information strategy from the business side for all AJNW.
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiency
- Help drive decision making to the lowest level. Information in the right hands, when they need it.
- Decide on standardization of information vs site based
- Consolidation of financial information at the group level
- Lead the annual budget process for the group
- Lead the capital expenditure process - for control and returns
- Identify and execute a shared services model that delivers best service at lowest total cost
- Lead selling company execution to allow customers to transact with us easily as one brand
- Ensure we have the right control mechanisms in place across AJNW
- Serve as an advisor, leader and educator of finance for all of AJNW
- Serve as a primary gate keeper for all compliance activities
Reports To: President - AJ Nonwovens. Dotted line to AJ CFO.
Direct supervision: Hampton Controller & Inside Sales
Coordination: All financial resources within AJNW, and other AJ Corporate Resources.
Preferable Position Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Senior accounting/finance role.
- Prior experience with Strategy and M&A
- Prior successful team leadership
- Understanding AJ Corporate Functions & Processes
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
- Excellent technical oral and written communication skills in English.