GENERAL SCOPE OF RESONSIBLITIES:
The primary role of the Technical Representative is to work towards increasing sales in existing accounts and develop growth potential in new accounts. The Technical Representative will be responsible for all products, sales, service and support within a given territory.
- Manage the assigned customers to maximize sales, at minimal discount and cost of sales
- Provide technical product recommendations and market information
- Provide service and installation assistance where required to maximize product performance and customer satisfaction
- Maintain good relationships with all customers and agents through:
- Regular contact
- Regular customer service and / or training
- Handling any complaints promptly
- Keep up to date on new products, processes and technological developments in the Pulp and industrial fabric industry. Stay up to date with customer requirements and competitive activities
- Monitor and manage all Advanced Fabrics inventory for their customers in manufacture, on customer site, and in external warehouses
- Work within our quality system to our standards under ISO certification
- Perform related duties as assigned
- The Regional Product Manager plus all Technical Representatives, Customer Service, Technical Leader and Manufacturing Leader
- Line: N/A
PREFERABLE POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Each team member must commit and comply to ZAC (Zero Accident Culture) policy.
- Each team member must be physically capable of complying with the Mill Safety Requirements of our customers. Failure to comply with our customer's safety requirements will result in disqualification as a supplier.
- Safety is a "core value" of AstenJohnson, we are proud to be the leader in our industry.
- Work safe...think safe....be safe.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or College Diploma plus equivalent sales experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in an industrial sales position, preferably in the Pulp, Paper or industrial fabrics Industry.
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer orientation
- Able to develop close business relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Self-starter and goal oriented
- Works well with minimum supervision
- Good physical condition is required, as some tasks; especially in the service area can be strenuous
- Computer skills, with an emphasis on MS Office software