- 28-Jul-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Appleton, WI, USA
- 27.27 27.27
- Full Time
AstenJohnson is the leader in technical fabrics. Our drive to provide the best products and service in our industry is fueled by our associates and their drive to innovate. We want our associates to build careers here and become part of the fabric of our 230 year old company. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a workplace built on respect and purpose.
General Overview of AstenJohnson Employee Benefits:
- 401(k) with company contribution of $75/week
- Holidays and vacation pay
- Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plans for employees and their dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, and Health Reimbursement Arrangements available
- Educational benefits, including tuition reimbursement and scholarship program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
Finisher is responsible for smooth and efficient fabric operations through use of the equipment and processes. This is an 'on-your-feet' position requiring routine physical activity.
- Visibly inspect all finished fabrics to ensure the meeting of quality standards with company and customer specifications.
- Utilize towmotor, side-stacker, or pallet jack to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Responsible for working efficiently with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Perform daily / weekly customer specifications per customer specifications: Fabric Installation, Heating, Marking, Cutting, Edge Relief, Seam Preparation, Edge Treatment and/or additional duties upon request.
- Ability to work well in a Team Environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, divide and measure up to 1/16".
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Promote safety and good housekeeping practices.
- Positive attitude and team player mentality.
- Must be a self-starter who is accurate, precise, and takes pride in their workmanship.
Must have high school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
Ability to work in a typical plant environment involving exposure to fluorescent lighting, potential ink fumes, contact with synthetic materials and air conditioning. Ability to sit, stand and move about the facility for 8 hours per day. Ability to lift 45 lbs. up frequently, and up to 90 lbs. occasionally. Ability to push or pull up to 2000 lbs. using hoist and cart. Ability to climb stairs frequently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
AstenJohnson is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.