- Coon Rapids, MN, USA
- Based upon experience
- Full Time
Health, HSA, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, 401k, ESOP, discretionary Bonuses
Assurance Manufacturing is an employee-owned precision sheet metal fabrication, stamping, machining, and assembly company that operates in a modern manufacturing facility. We are looking for an EDM Machine Center Programmer/Operator for our 1st shift at our Coon Rapids facility.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that includes medical/HSA, dental, STD, LTD, basic life, voluntary life, 401k with company match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and discretionary bonus potential.
EDM Machine Center Programmer/Operator Responsibilities:
- Reads and interprets blueprints, diagrams, and other project specifications to create programs required to produce production tooling and/or parts.
- Follows work order procedures and routings; gathers required tools and materials based on instructions, drawings, and specifications provided for the job
- Calculates the proper power and feeds for cutting, as well as the size and position of cuts necessary.
- Recognizes when programs or cutting parameters need adjustments. Or when the machine is malfunctioning or in need of maintenance
- Saves revised versions of programs as needed for future use.
- Ensures work pieces are fully submerged during operation.
- Ensures machines run in a safe and efficient manner by adding work holding, fixtures, or aligning pieces.
- Uses hoists, crane, or personal strength to lift work pieces to machines.
- Measures finished pieces with precision measuring tools and equipment to ensure they meet order specifications while following inspection procedures.
- Corrects production errors or machine malfunctions by conferring with appropriate supervisors. Obtains approval to continue production after correction is made.
- Maintains, cleans, and makes minor repairs to machines including changing any filters or other expendable items. Alerts supervisor if outside service or repair is needed.
- Maintains EDM supplies.
- Communicates relevant or potential issues with the Tool Room Supervisor.
- Assists in designs, builds, repairs, and maintains production tooling.
- Maintains, organizes, and cleans equipment and the work area per standard 5S practices.
- If defective materials are discovered, follows Control of Nonconforming Product Procedure.
- Crosstrain in other areas of the plant as necessary to meet production demands.
- Adheres to all safety rules and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDM Machine Center Programmer/Operator Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Technical training/degree strongly preferred.
- Some experience operating computerized machines preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to program and operate a wire EDM machine.
- Ability to operate tool room equipment, basic hand tools and measurement equipment.
- Strong math and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Blueprint reading and GD&T.
- Use of Cad/Cam drawing software.
Assurance Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer.