- 25-Feb-2021 to 26-May-2021 (CST)
- Towson, MD, USA
- $60k - $85k
- Full Time
Making a difference!
An Occupational Therapist at Tangram, our nonpublic school serving children with autism provides integrated, occupational based therapy within a collaborative model including the special educator, instructional support staff, behavioral support staff and other related service providers. The Occupational Therapist, or OT, serves as a member of the team and is responsible for planning, problem solving, and implementing each student's individualized program plan. Besides direct service delivery, responsibilities also include but are not limited to: evaluation (formal/informal assessments), reporting student strength and needs, developing and implementing goals, collecting and analyzing data, reporting student progress, social and communication skills. The OT plays an integral role within team meetings, maintaining communication with members of the team and team training for implementation of the school day for Tangram students.
Arrow Tangram Occupational Therapist Essential Duties:
- Directly facilitates occupational therapy in the classroom and other school settings.
- Supports classroom staff in implementing strategies to improve fine motor, gross motor, and self-care skills for each student.
- Completes and submits documentation of all clinical sessions and contacts by providing clinical notes within timelines as expected.
- Facilitates the development of all treatment goals, objectives, interventions, an approaches as they relate to the IEP.
Arrow Tangram Occupational Therapist Education, Licensure and/or Experience:
Master's Degree in Occupational Therapy and at least one (1) year experience working with children diagnosed with autism preferably in a school setting. Must have license as an occupational therapist by the Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene at time of appointment and continuously throughout tenure in position.
Arrow Tangram Occupational Therapist Benefits:
- Clinical Supervision, as needed.
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options, including HSA match for qualifying contributions.
- Retirement savings plan with company match.
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Tuition reimbursement available.
- Company sponsored learning and development.
For the safety of the children and families we work with, as well as those in our Arrow family, background and drug screenings are required by our licensing bodies at the time of offer and on a continuous basis after hire. As a potential candidate, submission to and successful completion of these screenings is required. Additional requirements include, but are not limited to, being 21 years of age and being able to provide a valid driver's license or state ID card and proof of current auto insurance and registration.
Arrow is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. Arrow believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Arrow employs a zero-tolerance policy of abuse for the safety and security of our employees and those we serve.