- 24-Feb-2021 to 25-May-2021 (CST)
- MD Riverside
- Belcamp, MD, USA
- $40k - $52k
- Full Time
Making a difference!
As a special education Teacher in our non-public day school serving students with special education needs such as autism, intellectual disabilities, and emotional disabilities, you will teach a classroom of nine students or less who have not been successful in a public-school setting. With the support of assistant teachers, our Teachers make a positive and effective impact by meeting the diverse needs of each learner. You'll also participate as an active member of the Treatment Team alongside clinicians, behaviorists, and related service providers, to develop an overall strategy to help each child succeed in reaching their full potential.
Arrow Teacher Essential Duties:
- Provides direct group and individual instruction to students in assigned courses, providing the special education services on the students' IEP.
- Maintains a safe learning environment for students within the scope of the Arrow Center for Education administrative policies and procedures. Supervises and manages student behavior in the classroom, school, and school-sponsored functions.
- Utilizes academic performance, learning style and clinical information on each student to design and implement curriculum, instructional strategies, and materials to address the educational and behavioral needs of each student.
- Prepares periodic and special evaluations through the IEP or PEP (as applicable) for assigned students.
A Teacher Requires:
Bachelor's Degree and a valid (issued) State Department of Education Teaching Certificate in the area of Special Education or eligible and willing to obtain the certificate. At least one (1) year of teaching experience in special education preferred.
Arrow Teacher Benefits:
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options, including HSA match for qualifying contributions.
- Retirement savings plan with company match.
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
- Mileage reimbursement.
- Tuition reimbursement available.
- Company sponsored learning and development.
For the safety of the children and families we work with, as well as those in our Arrow family, background and drug screenings are required by our licensing bodies at the time of offer and on a continuous basis after hire. As a potential candidate, submission to and successful completion of these screenings is required. Additional requirements include, but are not limited to, being 21 years of age and being able to provide a valid driver's license or state ID card and proof of current auto insurance and registration.
Arrow is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees. Arrow believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Arrow employs a zero-tolerance policy of abuse for the safety and security of our employees and those we serve.