- West Palm Beach, FL, USA
- Full Time
401k. medical, dental, life
Armory Art Center Director of Finance and Administration Position Description
The Armory Art Center (AAC) is accepting applications for the position of Director of Finance and Administration. The Director of Finance and Administration is an exempt, onsite, full-time position. This position is responsible for overseeing the company general ledger, producing financial reports for all internal and external financial statement users and supervising the day-to-day operations of the financial reporting, accounting and administrative functions for the organization. This position will manage budget oversight and actual expenses for the operating fund, capital fund and grant programs. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is responsible for the bookkeeping team and the Registrar Office. Nonprofit finance, as well as progressive supervisory experience, are required.
- Manages bookkeeping and registrar staff on accounts, ledgers and reporting systems to ensure compliance with GAAP standards, regulatory requirements, and rules for non-profits and art schools.
- Directs the annual audit and 990 processes, serving as the principal liaison to the external auditor and the finance committee; assesses any changes as necessary.
- Conducts grants administration, accounting and budgeting.
- Oversees capital assets projects, ensuring organization's goals are being met.
- Manages organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Provides advice and counsel regarding financial issues and controls to the CEO and Director of Development.
- Oversees the organization general ledger and budget management functions, including preparation of the annual budget.
- Provides monthly and annual reports including accounts payable reconciliation, accounts receivable reconciliation, cash flow report, and balance sheet audits; and, provides explanations for variance analysis.
- Communicates financial reports and analyses to the CEO, AAC Directors, Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Maintains compliance with accounting standards, government regulations, and tax laws.
- Develops procedures and systems for use in ensuring financial control and availability of data for analysis.
- Responsible for managing staff payroll; instructor and independent contractor payroll; and management of employee benefits (including paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance)
- Develops procedures that ensure monies are collected, expenses are paid and payroll is dispensed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Excellent managerial skills and ability to evaluate the work of others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of organization's applicable financial practices and procedures, as well as a thorough understanding of state and federal rules and regulations.
- Proficient with accounting software, MS Office Suite and standard office and accounting equipment.
- Superior analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be self-directed and work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively and be a team player.
- Engages in continuous learning.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be flexible with the ability to wear several hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the Armory Art Center.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required; CPA designation highly preferred.
- Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressive financial management and supervisory experience.
- Excellent computer literacy and ability to learn accounting software, courseware and database management.
Physical Requirements With or without reasonable accommodation, employees in this position must be able to sit and type at a computer terminal for up to 8 hours per day with appropriate breaks and perform tasks that require fine dexterity and repetitive motions using the arms, hands, wrists and fingers. They also must be able to lift up to 15 pounds. Further details of established essential functions for this position will be addressed/discussed during the interview process.
$70,000 - $85,000 per year with health benefits and paid time off.
About the Armory Art Center
The Armory Art Center is both an art gallery and an art school. The vision of the Armory Art Center is to become a leading artistic and cultural center. The mission of the Center is to inspire the creation and experience of art. We do this through the delivery of relevant and engaging visual art instruction, events, and exhibitions, all of which are universally accessible and to which all are welcomed. We continuously seek opportunities for collaboration among artists, art educators and students of art, and maintain mutually beneficial partnerships with area social service organizations and businesses. We work diligently to bring art's vitality and meaning to all people living in Palm Beach County and throughout the state. The Armory Art Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity and inclusion in all hiring. The Armory Art Center is a smoke-free workplace.
Employment at the Armory Art Center
In accordance with the hiring policy at the Armory Art Center, the first 60 days of employment is considered a probationary period. A permanent offer of employment may be made after that time to include an offer of health insurance coverage.
Applicant Instructions to Apply
This position will receive a salary based on experience. Applicants who meet the qualifications should apply by Friday, June 17, 2022. To apply, please send a resume via email to Tom Pearson, CEO, at email@example.com with the words "Director of Finance and Administration" in the subject line. Do not send anything by mail. Absolutely no phone calls. Learn more about us at: www.armoryart.org.