- Pensacola, FL, USA
- 80000-135000 per year
- Full Time
The Information Systems Security Tool Analyst applies current technologies to the design, development, evaluation and integration of computer information systems and networks to maintain system security. May work with commercial computer product vendors in the design and evaluation of state-of-the-art secure COTS applications, operating systems, networks and database products and technology.
Provides security engineering and integration services to internal customers. Involved in a wide range of issues including secure architectures, secure electronic data traffic, network security, information security and privacy. Uses encryption technology, penetration, risk management and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies and information technology security research.
Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments. Responsible for ensuring the protection of company data against unauthorized disclosure, accidental or intentional loss of data, or unauthorized modification. May prepare security reports.
*******Must have DoD Top Secret Security Clearance ******
•Must be a U.S. Citizen
•Must have an active current DoD Top Secret clearance
•Must be able to obtain DHS suitability prior to starting employment.
•Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to convey system risks/assessments/vulnerabilities to all technical levels to include administrative staff, management staff and subject matter expert technical staff
- Assist with the management of security aspects of the information system and perform day-to-day security risk analysis on the systems
•Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices: firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis including
- Ability to modify IDS signature Thresholds/Suppressions based on activity
- Writing/modifying/applying Security Policies and deploy to specific sensors
- Experience with operation and maintenance of Information Assurance Tools to include Tuning, configuration, and maintenance including:
- Tuning signatures based on requirements, trend analysis, and threat intel.
- Deep dive analysis for triggered events.
- Writing searches.
- Acts as SME for Windows Platforms (Knowledge of LINUX/Network/Databases would be beneficial)
Past experience on a SOC/CIRT Watch Team
•Perform analysis on large data sets
•Conduct Information Assurance Vulnerability scanning to include Adhoc and specialized request scans and assist team members in to reconcile results, and report all findings
•Understand and utilization of SPLUNK would be beneficial
•Understanding and utilization of HBSS/McAfee ePO to analyze risk assessments within the application and network
- Experience with the following:
◦ Firepower ◦ Netwitness ◦ Imperva ◦ Splunk ◦ Metasploit Pro ◦ Nexpose ◦ Nessus ◦ Red seal