ARGO Cyber Systems is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment with new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. ARGO Cyber is seeking a Systems Administrator with AWS experience to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Working alone on individual projects while being involved in larger projects as a team effort with minimal supervision of the lead systems engineer
- Leading a team in design and implementation of COTS-based solutions on single instances or across clustered devices
- Supporting the development of system security documentation on both new and deployed solutions
- Supporting the development of new capabilities
- Supporting the operations and maintenance aspects of deployed capabilities
- Must be a US Citizen
- Active Top Secret (TS) clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 8+ years of directly relevant systems administration experience including hands-on experience with one or more of the following:
- Linux preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6 or 7, Windows, VMware
- Must have in-depth knowledge of OS installations, security hardening and maintenance
- Comfortable with building physical and virtual servers from scratch
- Ability to deploy and integrate new applications that may be requested
- Capable of quickly learning new applications that run on various operating systems for testing and deployment.
- Experience with administration and management of servers to include installation, configuration, optimization, backup & recovery
- Experience with performance tuning & troubleshooting, identifying and resolving contention in CPU, memory, networking, disk I/O, etc.
- Familiar with fundamentals of scripting languages for automation tasks and deployments (e.g. Bash Shell, Python & Kickstart technologies)
- Integration & implementation experience with various services, LDAP, Samba, NFS, Bind, Apache, and other core technologies
- Familiarity of configuration management
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with software development using JAVA, RESTful services is a plus
- Comfortable with multilevel security systems, SELinux, and/or Cross Domain Solutions is a plus
- Experience with physical and virtual (VMware) RHEL servers including Red Hat Satellite Servers
- Experience with data orchestration software such as Apache NiFi or StreamSets is a plus
- Experience with distributed compute environments such as Hadoop is a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform capabilities, including good understanding of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Well-Architected Framework, AWS certification is a plus
- Experience working in AWS via the CLI and management console. Knowledge and experience configuring Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)
- Experience working in DevOps and/or DevSecOps environments
- Experience with technical implementation projects
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II