- Pensacola, FL, USA
- Full Time
ARGO Cyber Systems is seeking a Senior Cyber Security Engineer
The successful Cyber Security Engineer applies current analytical and logical thinking to the design, architecture, development, evaluation, testing, and integration of computer systems, appliances, and networks to elevate the security posture of the program. The Cyber Security Engineer may be involved with commercial, custom and/or government computer product vendors in the design, evaluation, and architecture of state-of-the-art secure GOTS/COTS applications, operating systems, networks, databases, and custom built technology. Attention to detail, honesty, out of the box thinking with a problem-solving mindset, be able to work under pressure, and be able to deliver on tight delivery schedules are very much desired. The Cyber Security Engineer must display superb understanding and be knowledgeable with a multitude of technologies to include; Azure and/or AWS Cloud, firewalls, web application firewalls, VPNs, DNS, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, and proxies, to name a few. Develops security systems for any manual or automated systems environments which comprises on-prem and Cloud based systems. Responsible for ensuring the protection of organization data against unauthorized disclosure, accidental or intentional loss of data, and unauthorized modification. The successful Cyber Security Engineer will be comfortable working with a variety of different tools and appliances, security challenges, and troubleshooting various complex issues. This position may require shift work.
Required Skills and/or Experience:
- An active Secret security clearance is the minimum required with the eligibility to obtain a TS/SCI. TS/SCI is preferred.
- Must be able to obtain DHS suitability prior to starting employment
- Administer the management of security appliances, tools, products, and aspects of the information system and perform day-to-day security operations, as well as, Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the system
- Provide security tools administration, management, troubleshooting, and testing.
- Experience and/or familiarity with the following network protection devices: Firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), log analysis, malware analysis, network traffic flow and packet analysis
- Experience with Cloud services offered by Microsoft or Amazon. Azure Sentinel (SIEM) is most desired between the two
- Support Projects and Project management personnel throughout the full software development lifecycle
- Manage technology roadmaps with each product and propose briefs and reports to elaborate on recommended actions based on best practices
- Perform full product testing to the length of the products capabilities as required by the customer and the program
- Develop capabilities according to customer requirements and NIST, DHS, and Government guidelines and regulations
- Desired types of Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Troubleshooting, networking, Windows, and Linux in depth knowledge is very important as the basis of understanding the network for net, data, and traffic flow.
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- RSA Security Analytics (NetWitness)
- Symantec Bluecoat
- ForeScout CounterAct
- McAfee ePO
- Cisco FirePower (SourceFire)
- SecureSphere Imperva
- Tenable Nessus
- Azure Sentinel
- Cloud technologies
- Project Management processes to include SAFe and Agile, SDLC, monitoring and analysis to include packet capture, PKI, chain of trust, and certificates
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Windows/Linux Admin
- Azure Sentinel or Other Cloud SIEM
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP)
- Vendor specific certification for the aforementioned products or similar certification.