ARGO Cyber Systems is seeking a VMware Systems Administrator to support a government contract. The VMware Administrator will be supporting the development of system capabilities from the identification of requirements through the deployment of capabilities through the requirements definition, designs and develops system-oriented products and prepares related installation, testing, operation, and maintenance specifications and instructions. Defines and analyzes architecture to establish operating conditions, conducts tests, define and analyze engineering proposals and related technical data to determine feasibility of developing new capabilities and/or modifying existing capabilities. The candidate should be proficient with Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management practices, and collaborates with various Integrated Product Teams (IPTs), Project Teams, and Government entities.
Responsibilities also include:
- VMware administration responsible for configuration, maintenance, monitoring, and overall support of multiple VMware environments Setup, install, configure, and triage ESXi Hosts (Rack Mount and Blade Servers).
- Maintain and restore VM backups and snapshots Meet compliance for Information Security Vulnerability Management (ISVMs) and Intelligence Community Vulnerability Alert (ICVAs)
- Perform Systems Lifecycle management for all equipment, including planning, implementation, maintenance, upgrades, consolidation, and decommissioning of enterprise hardware, and software Detects, isolates, documents, reports, and resolves system outages or problems encountered during operations of the operational baseline, which includes collecting diagnostic data, restore the system operation, developing workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system
- Performs system monitoring, analyzing, documenting performance, and conducting trend analysis as required
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the system is compatible with defined architecture and meets customer needs.
- Develop technical documentation, including SOPs, user guides, test plans, disaster recovery, failover, and other CDRL items
- Participate in an On Call coverage for after hours and weekends support
Minimum clearance requirements:
- ACTIVE DoD Top Secret clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
Strong knowledge of:
- VMware 6.0 or higher to include vCenter, vSphere, and ESX 6.x, vCloud Suite Experience with rack/wiring diagrams, firmware, and driver management
- Experience with multi-site infrastructure deployments Experience with NSX, vROPs, and SRM
- Solid understanding of networking, VLAN, and VXLAN Ability to configure and integrate storage devices (SAN, NAS) supporting VMware infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: ACLs, ISVM, ICVA, STIGS, etc. Desired Certification(s): VMware Certified Professional (VCP)