- Pensacola, FL, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Education Reimbursement
ARGO Cyber Systems is seeking a Cyber Security Systems Engineer - Data Engineering to support a critical customer mission.
- Work directly with CIRT and Tools Teams to provide guidance and expertise in the areas of data collection, data analytics, and operational effectiveness as it pertains to defined use cases.
- Review existing data collection sources and optimize for empowering operational use cases, with an eye toward removing data sources which provide no operational value.
- Help define and guide data collection, usage, and visualization requirements.
- Work across multiple systems management teams including multiple Cloud platforms to provide recommendations for creating a single pain of glass for systems monitoring.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must have an active Secret clearance; TS/SCI is preferred
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 5+ years of directly relevant experience
- Experience with a diverse set of SIEM and data collection tools
- Hands on experience working with SOC/CIRT teams in defining workflows and analytical tools chains for operational efficiency and mission execution.
- Must be able to work collaboratively across physical locations
- Familiarity with Splunk and its features like alert creation, search query creation/optimization, CIM, dashboard creation, etc.
- Experience with creating regular expressions for use in data cleaning, parsing, validation, and reporting.
- Experience applying data from security monitoring applications (like firewalls, intrusion detection systems, endpoint protection, etc.) to solve data security monitoring use cases to enable threat detection and incident response.
- Experience performing gap analysis as it pertains to evaluating current system state to a desired goal, documenting such gaps, creating a gap resolution plan, and ultimately executing a project to solve documented gaps.
- Experience creating, documenting, and monitoring processes to solve the need for change control, quality assurance (validation and verification), and continuous improvement.
Nice To Have Skills:
- Experience working with multiple cloud computing environments (AWS, Azure)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Working Knowledge of both Windows and Linux operating systems
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Computer Systems Engineering or related degree.
- Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.