- Washington, DC, USA
- $600 per week
As the Sales and Patron Services Fellow, you will work collaboratively with the Sales Office, Front of House team, and Groups, Events & Rentals Office. The Fellowship provides training for emerging arts managers who want to learn more about how the patron experience and revenue strategies impact the arts, and are seeking hands-on experience to further their journey toward long-term goals.
Arena Stage will provide the fellow with opportunities to develop skills in all areas of Patron Services including:
- Assist with the daily will call
- Process departmental comp ticket requests, including artists and press
- Learn basic ticket processing in Tessitura
- Tackle data hygiene projects
- Day-to-day operations of a high-volume box office
Group Sales Office:
- Research and cultivate new group relationships
- Contribute to sales strategies
- Generate contracts, paperwork, and reports
- Assist with creation of print and digital marketing pieces
Events & Rentals:
- Field event inquiries
- Draft proposals and contacts
- Host on-site walk throughs
- Assist with load-ins and day-of event operations
Front of House:
- Assist with accessibility programs including caption, braille and large print program formatting
- Assist with House Management
- Help select inventory and implement sales for Gift Shop
The ideal candidate for the Patron Services fellowship will be a hardworking individual who can think on their feet and does not back away from challenges! The position regularly requires excellent customer service skills and the ability to keep a calm demeanor under pressure in a fast-paced environment. The Fellow should have the desire to work both independently, collaboratively, and cross-functionally to achieve Patron Services as well as overall Marketing department goals. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are crucial in this role. An understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite and Tessitura or a similar ticketing database is helpful, but not required.
Additional expectations: This position requires a flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends. This position requires standing and walking as well as the ability to lift 30 lbs.
You might be interested in this fellowship if you want to pursue a career in box office, audience management, or event coordination.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.