- Washington, DC, USA
- $600 per week
Does the adage, "a picture tells a thousand words" resonate with you? Are you attuned to the nuances of 21st century design? Are you adept at translating artistic vision into a range of multimedia assets?
As our Graphic Design Fellow, you will learn not just how to work cross-functionally, but collaboratively across the Marketing department, as well as across the organization as a whole. And as an emerging art leader, you'll understand exactly what it takes to educate, nurture, and encourage diverse audiences to make the arts an integral part of their lives.
Specifically, you can expect to learn how to:
- design a range of print and digital marketing materials and other collateral
- support multiple photo and multimedia projects, from storyboarding to editing and production
- provide design support special projects, including but not limited to space design and installation
- collate and archive existing and new visual and multimedia assets
- support and staff pre-production photo and video shoots
- participate in the planning and implementation of integrated marketing strategies to build and diversify Arena's audience
The successful Graphic Design Fellow will be curious, willing to roll up their proverbial sleeves as needed, have outstanding communication skills, be adept at managing multiple projects concurrently, and be willing to provide administrative support as needed. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suites and Microsoft Office is required; knowledge of HTML is helpful.
Additional expectations: Occasionally, some evening and weekend hours will be required.
You might be interested in this fellowship if you want to pursue a career in graphic design, with a specialization/focus on performing arts.
Arena Stage is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.