- Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
- 17.44-24.42 per hour
- Part Time
Paid sick leave
Are you looking for a part time position that offers stability? Archuleta County Mountain Express Transit (MET) is seeking qualified and reliable individuals for the position of Part Time Bus Driver. Individuals in this position are responsible for performing highly technical and skilled work as they serve the public and the County organization in a customer service and safety-sensitive role. The primary objective of incumbents in this position is to provide reliable, safe, and consistent public transportation service. The incumbents in this position share in the responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the County's public transportation system. The individual will be responsible for operating MET buses in such a manner to ensure employee and public safety, route & facility efficiency, and customer service excellence.
Our bus drivers earn a competitive hourly wage of $17.44 - $24.42, depending on experience and qualifications. This is a part time opportunity of up to 29 hours per week. Hours will vary.
For information regarding this position including essential job functions and duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required, tools and equipment used, physical demands, and work environment, please view the Part Time Bus Driver position description.
ALCOHOL AND DRUG TESTING
Successful candidates are required to meet the DOT drug and alcohol testing requirements, pass a pre-employment drug screen, have a clear Motor Vehicle Record, pass a drug and alcohol release from previous employers (if available), and reference check.
Incumbents may also be subject to random drug and alcohol testing requirements. This is a safety sensitive position (per DOT regulations), and operates Transit Motor Coaches in accordance with Federal Regulations on public rights-of-way as a regular function of his/her daily job duties. The illicit use of any scheduled drug (including marijuana) by a commercial driver's license holder is prohibited under Federal Law.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Valid Colorado Driver's License, and acceptable MVR
- Possession of, or ability to obtain advanced First Aid and CPR certifications
- Possession of, or ability to obtain a Passenger Service and Safety Certification (P.A.S.S.) by date of hire
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- One year customer service related experience preferred
- Safe operation of vans, buses, and/or automobiles
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Principles, practices and objectives as related to vehicle safety and maintenance inspections
- Local, State, and Federal laws and regulations pertaining to driving and transporting passengers