- Pagosa Springs, CO, USA
- 22.28 $22.28
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance, Paid time off, Matching Retirement Account
Archuleta County is seeking Emergency Dispatchers
Our Dispatchers dispatch emergency service calls 24-hours per day, 365 days a year for public safety agencies in Archuleta County. This essential role ensures community safety through effective communications duties supporting Police, Fire, Sheriff's Office, and EMS agencies.
Dispatch duties include, but are not limited to:
- Receive and analyze incoming 911 calls, as well as non-emergent calls, for police, fire, rescue and medical assistance
- Utilize computer aided dispatch computer system to input, retrieve and maintain vital information
- Performing emergency medical dispatch when necessary
- Distribute calls for service via the 800 MHz radio system
- Monitors, inputs and retrieves various requests on the CCIC/NCIC system including warrant entries
- File police reports and maintain history records
- Prepare and maintain master name crime indexes
- Maintain radio log and recording
Qualified applicants should be passionate about learning and working in the Public Safety/Emergency Services, and have the ability to remain calm and professional in a variety of situations. In addition, they must meet the following qualifications:
- At least 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task successfully in a fast paced environment
- Strong computer and typing skills
- Available to work different schedules, including weekends, over-night shifts and holidays
- One to three years prior experience preferred but not required
The hiring process for our Emergency Dispatchers is extensive and includes written tests, drug test, psychological test, and a personal history statement.
Archuleta County offers an excellent benefit package, including health and dental coverage, county match retirement plan, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, 457 pre-tax retirement plans, and $50,000 of life and AD&D insurance.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!