- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Ins. 401k with employer match, Disability
Train to become a Driver in Sanitation Service, Delivery and Pick up and Fence or Temp Power. 120-day training process starting in San Prep, then San Service, then Delivery & Pick Up and then Fence or Temp Power. Represent our company in a friendly and professional manner. Reference specific job descriptions for each department driver position.
Receives Direction From: Sanitation Service Supervisor Wage Range: $17.00 - $25.00/hr
Examples of Essential Duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Safely drive company vehicle to job sites to service portable restrooms and maintain them to Andy Gump, Inc. quality standards.
- Perform job duties in a safe manner.
- Work independently. Be a self starter. Manage time efficiently.
- Replenish all paper i.e. toilet tissue, seat pads and paper towels if applicable.
- Operate company vehicle safely following all applicable driving rules and maintain vehicle in good, clean operating condition.
- Project professional and friendly image to customers.
- Deliver and pick-up portable toilets in a timely manner and in accordance with instructions from dispatch and Andy Gump Delivery and Pick-Up procedures.
- Document / report, in real time through NAV forms any and all units that were not serviced or delivered.
- Perform daily inspection of vehicle. Complete vehicle inspection report and notify supervisor of any problems.
- Use smart phone to complete Nav forms daily.
- Maintain valid Class B California Drivers License and Medical Card.
- Report any accident or damages to supervisor immediately.
- Cooperate with coworkers
Service - Service a minimum of 5 units per hour. Number of units will vary according to route assigned.
Delivery & Pick up - All jobs assigned/routed to you should be completed daily. If delivery instructions are not clear, person on site scheduled to meet is not there and/or you are not sure of placement check with dispatch first before leaving the job site or placing equipment. Perform all job duties in a safe manner.
Prior experience is preferred but not required. Training can be provided. Andy Gump, Inc. quality standards will be taught.
Education and/or Training:
On the job training is provided.
Knowledge of smart phones is preferred. Use of navigation technology is recommended.
Ability to understand, read and write English. All work orders verbal and written are in English. Good communication skills are required. Ability to adapt to all traffic conditions. Use technology to work efficiently.
Clean DMV history. Class B drivers license and current medical certificate is required.
Physical requirements/working conditions:
Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions. Position requires getting in and out of truck several times throughout the day. Must be able to pull/carry hose from truck to portable restroom to service. Will also be required to carry bucket with water and deodorizer weighing approximately 40 lbs from truck to portable restroom. Vacuum pump on truck is a little noisy.
|Driving 45%||Bending 10%|
|Walking 10%||Lifting 10% Average lbs. 40|
|Standing 10%||Lifting overhead 5% Average lbs. 30|