- Fontana, CA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Ins. 401k with employer match, Disability
Maintain, service and repair Andy Gump, Inc. vehicles. And, maintain & fabricate all trailer equipment in clean and proper working condition and insure equipment leaving our yard meets Andy Gump, Inc. quality and safety standards while providing a positive and proactive attitude to ensure the that work is done efficiently and accurately.
Receives Direction From: Shop Manager
Classification: Non-exempt Wage Range: $20.00-35.00
Examples of Essential Duties and responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Communicate in writing down time of vehicle to department Supervisor and/or Facility Manager
- Complete work orders with part names, number, cost and labor time.
- Inspect all inventory as it arrives in our yard. Document damages and report to manager on a daily basis.
- Estimate time and cost of repairs
- Pre-order parts
- Diagnose, trouble shoot and repair vehicles.
- Maintain all vehicles, forklifts and equipment within the Andy Gump, Inc. fleet.
- Perform service calls to repair/trouble shoot vehicles, trailers & equipment, both in the yard and out in the field.
- Pickup trucks from dealers and other facilities.
- Repair & Fabricate new and used equipment.
- Maintain and repair Inventory to be in good working order.
- Inspect and maintain all safety equipment where applicable - lights, safety chains, hitches, pins, brake lights, etc.
- Perform PM's on vehicles, trailers & equipment.
- Paint and touch-up trailers as needed.
- Maintain appearance of inventory to meet Andy Gump, Inc. standards.
- Move equipment within our yards with forklift.
- Maintain clean work environment. Follow established shop safety guidelines.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- And all other duties assigned by management.
Accountability: Production is based on daily needs and is in addition to the "minimum equipment ready list". Work to maintain that inventory requirements are always met. Maintain quality and appearance of equipment. Communicate with manager throughout the day to insure inventory being prepped will meet delivery and safety demands.
Qualifications Guidelines Experience: Experience in welding, operating hand tools, electric saws, air tools and forklift is preferred.
Education and/or Training: On the job training is provided. Need to be forklift certified.
Knowledge: Must be knowledgeable of diesel and gas trucks. Be familiar with tools, forklift and safety devices on trailers. Use of meg welder, stick welder & aluminum welder preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Ability to speak, read and write English. Ability to operate tools and forklift. Ability to follow verbal instructions and communicate effectively with others. Ability to document work performed. Must be able to diagnose, trouble shoot and repair vehicles and equipment. Must have fabrication and welding skills.
Special requirements: Forklift certificate. Class "B" license required. Must have own tools.
Physical requirements/working conditions:
|Driving 5%||Bending 10%|
|Walking 10%||Lifting 10% Average lbs. 75|
|Standing 50%||Lifting overhead 5% Average lbs. 50|
Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. Will be exposed to weather conditions. Some tools are noisy. Finger dexterity is required to operate tools.