- Lanham, MD, USA
- Full Time
The Procurement Assistant (PA) is a key component in providing administrative assistance and supporting Management. He or she will be responsible for answering all incoming and outgoing phone calls, assist downloading plans, obtaining project bid forms, and retrieving documents for bid submissions. The PA will schedule pick-ups and drop offs for upcoming bids, assist management with employee outreach, place ads for our upcoming bids (i.e., Washington Post, the Blue Book, Construct Connect, etc.), and help retrieve MBE/WBE/DBE/SLMBE certifications, and obtain subcontractors qualifications. He or she will assist management with renewal licenses, prequalification's, and will be responsible for tracking all incoming bid bonds and certificate of insurance (COI's). The PA will provide addendum updates, assist with uploading electronic bid documents into various software systems and will drop off hard bids to direct owners (i.e., DC Water, DDOT, City of Baltimore, Baltimore County, Fairfax County, City of Falls Church, etc.), and will take notes per low bid status and enter the final bid results in a spreadsheet.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-4 years of administrative experience, a self-starter, and have a can-do attitude. He or she is highly organized, attention to detail, prioritize multiple projects, ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines. In addition, the candidate is customer oriented, personable, a team player, proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel, Word, Publisher, Power Point, etc.) and ability to work with different software systems (i.e., C.R.M, Oracle, Bid Express, Ariba E-Sourcing, Heavy Bid, Timberline, Foundation, etc.).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support administrative duties for management staff and assist with proposal bid projects as assigned
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of obtaining daily bid leads and retrieving bid documents
- Provide information for upcoming bid document submissions and pre-qualification questionnaires
- Responsible for downloading and printing large scale drawings, bid documents, and bid forms
- Create an FTP site or use the OneDrive to retrieve all specs and bid documents
- Assist Proposal Manager and Estimators with bid submissions and fill out bid items
- Place Advertisements for the Washington Post and the Blue Book for upcoming bids
- Coordinate and obtain MBE/WBE/DBE/SLMBE signature forms from each subcontractor we use per bid job
- Retrieve all MBE/WBE/DBE/SLMBE certifications (and verify) subcontractors' qualifications
- Assist uploading bid documents into various software systems (i.e., Ariba E-Sourcing, Oracle, etc.)
- Review technical data and apply information to assist Management with RFP's and bid submissions
- Assist and review content, write, edit, and proofread documents and forms
- Track and file project information on the k drive and make digital and hard copies (RFP's) in binders
- Provide addendum updates and submit all low bid (bid results) into our bid schedule for tracking purposes
- Obtain and track all incoming and outgoing bonds and Certificate of Insurance (COI's)
- Assist the Licenses-Certification group and obtain information to help renew license and prequals
- Answer phone calls, request, and inquiries, follow up via-email and take messages
- Procure office supplies, audit, and stock the kitchen and conference rooms with snacks and beverages
- Attend and register staff for upcoming outreach events, training seminars, expo's, etc.
- Assist and coordinate Lunch-N-Learn presentations and other staff meetings
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Other administrative duties as warranted
- Assist in company events (i.e., holiday parties, staff, and networking events, etc.)
Anchor Construction is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.