- Lanham, MD, USA
- Full Time
Anchor Construction Corporation has an immediate opening for an entry-level Human Resources Assistant. The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for day-to-day administrative tasks associated with the successful fulfillment of requirements for Human Resources. The HR Administrator performs record-keeping, file maintenance, and timely distribution of required reporting.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- Maintain files and records on employees
- Performs customer service questions
- Translate/interpret when needed, includes oral and/or written translations for Human Resources
- As directed by General Counsel - Translate/interpret when needed, includes oral and/or written translations for Risk Management
- Work with Risk Management in processing and management of workers compensation claims
- Send out cards and flowers (Birthdays, Get Well, Sympathy)
- Prepare all onboarding material for new employees
- Prepare new employee personnel files
- Make photocopies, scans, and email documents
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Ability to work independently on multiple priorities while maintaining flexibility to changing and expanding job duties or assignments
- Ability to plan and manage all aspects of assigned projects, maintain schedules, and meet project requirements
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and Outlook
- Experience with HRIS and ATS programs preferred but not necessary
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to protect confidential and sensitive information
- Maintain and abide by all safety requirements
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Strong proactive thinking skills and ability to develop systems
Anchor Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Anchor Construction Corporation is one of the Mid-Atlantic Region's most respected and leading self-performing utility and infrastructure firms, delivering superior solutions for public agencies, utilities, and businesses east and west of the Chesapeake Bay (throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and Washington, D.C.). Anchor offers construction services in a variety of markets including bridges, dry and wet utilities, and green infrastructure. Anchor employs over 450 professionals.
The Anchor Way
Anchor creates partnerships that produce innovative, cost-effective, and quality construction projects that exceed our customers' expectations in a safe environment.
Safety, quality, integrity, and teamwork are at the core of everything we do every shift, every day.
It's time you joined Anchor!