- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
The Office Engineer provides support to the Project Engineer on all required tasks to build and maintain profitable projects. The Office Engineer must provide support to project management staff to ensure each project achieves our number one company goal: safe production for all crews. This is an entry-level position.
- BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a Project Engineer with a 4-year degree, or a minimum of 6 years relevant experience
- Fluent in both English and Spanish
- Experience in heavy civil construction to include: waterline, conduit, sewer pipe installation, concrete work, etc.
- Excellent MS Excel, MS Word, Primavera, AutoCAD, or other similar software skills
- High level of interpersonal and written communication skills
- Superb organizational skills and problem-solving techniques
- Ability to complete accurate, timely work
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Project Manager in ensuring that field crews know their daily production goal each day and are meeting that goal
- Assist Project Engineer to ensure that the field timesheets are written correctly, with required notes, job number and cost code correctly being used, photos attached and approving them
- Thoroughly review contracts and specifications; identify all required submittals, testing requirements, close-out requirements, etc.
- Set-up, track and maintain submittal register log and follow up on submittals
- Prepare project letters and other correspondence, as directed by the Project Manager
- Ensure that all items required for invoice submission and processing are completed timely
- Maintain daily quantity spreadsheets for unit price projects. Verify quantities installed with the owner on at least a weekly basis
- Prepare working and MOT drawings, and maintain a conformed set of project drawings, including a drawing revision log
- Maintain photo and video documentation of job progress
- Prepare information required for project manuals
- Assist in the preparation of change order claims, as directed
- Ensure that subcontractors submit daily reports and monitor their production and schedule
- Ensure all work is done in a safe manner and set the standard for safety
- Report any problems and/or safety hazards to the Safety department
- Visit the job site at least 2-3 times a week to make sure work is being done in the field per contract requirements and standards or as required by the contract
- Assist Project Engineer to identify and communicate with the Superintendents, and Foremen regarding issues, production, and claims that need to be addressed accordingly and notify the project team
- Able to communicate and make decisions in the field when issues are encountered and needs immediate attention and coordinate the decision making with the project team
- Assist Project Engineer ensuring that subcontractor and vendors are set-up in the system prior to starting any project. This information needs to be provided to Dispatch, Safety, and Purchasing Department for the use
- Assist Project Engineer in ensuring that Turn-over and Kick-off meetings are completed prior to starting any projects to make certain that contract parameters are identified
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Help in the preparation of RFIs
- Build and maintain Critical Path Method schedules in P6 and 3-week look-ahead schedules
- Assist with invoice preparation and submission
- Participate in required meetings
- May perform other duties assigned by supervisor
Anchor Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Anchor Construction Corporation is one of the Mid-Atlantic Region's most respected and leading self-performing utility and infrastructure firms, delivering superior solutions for public agencies, utilities, and businesses east and west of the Chesapeake Bay (throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and Washington, D.C.). Anchor offers construction services in a variety of markets including bridges, dry and wet utilities, and green infrastructure. Anchor employs over 450 professionals.
The Anchor Way
Anchor creates partnerships that produce innovative, cost-effective, and quality construction projects that exceed our customers' expectations in a safe environment.
Safety, quality, integrity, and teamwork are at the core of everything we do - every shift, every day.