- Baltimore, MD, USA
- Full Time
Department: Field Operations
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Various locations including the Metropolitan DMV and Eastern Shore
Reports to: Foreman/Superintendent/Dispatch
Summary: The Class A/B truck driver is responsible for ensuring large equipment is delivered to job sites, hauling materials to sites, rental facilities, dumps or other locations as instructed. He or she must use safe driving practices at all times.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Obtain assignments each morning or the evening prior at the dispatch office
- Drive safely to and from each job site as assigned
- Chain equipment down to trailers for delivery to job sites, rental facilities, etc.
- Load and unload equipment on trailers
- Deliver materials to sites as needed
- Follow all state and federal motor carrier rules and regulations
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience
- Must be able to pass DOT physical including drug screen prior to employment
- Obtain and maintain a commercial drivers license and DOT card
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Ability to read a map and follow gps directions
- Ability to work effectively with minor supervision
- Ability to handle multiple priorities effectively
- Maintain and abide by all safety requirements
- Ability to follow basic instructions in English
- Report any problems and/or safety hazards to your foreman or, in their absence the crew lead or Superintendent or Safety Officer
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA, State regulations, and all safety policies and procedures
Expected to lift up to 50 pounds with frequent lifting/carrying objects
Lifting and lowering ramps multiple times daily
Occasionally exposed to extreme atmospheric conditions (temperature, noise fumes, dust, etc.)
Exposed to the outdoor elements (cold, heat, rain, snow, etc.)
Noise level is loud
Note: Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Anchor Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.