- Greater Landover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Summary: The Boom Truck Operator is responsible for all phases of safely operating a crane within the guidelines of all federal regulation standards as well as company standards.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate crane under general supervision.
- Manipulate or depress cane controls to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- Repair crane as needed.
- Inspect crane for safety issues daily.
- Determine if any parts are malfunctioning.
- Complete job tickets, service quality summaries, and all other necessary paperwork.
- Lift, position and place machinery, equipment or other large objects at construction sites and industrial facilities.
- Drive trucks to worksites and unload trucks.
- Place blocks and outriggers to prevent capsizing when lifting heavy loads.
- Move levers and pedals to rotate crane on chassis to raise and lower crane boom and to raise and lower load-line.
- Bolt boom sections together to extend or modify boom for pile driving or high lifting.
- Work within precise limits and standards of accuracy.
- Operate crane according to signals from helper.
- Start and stop crane engine.
- Follow directions carefully.
- Class A CDL
- NCCCO Certification
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass a drug test, background check, and fit for duty test
- Flexibility to work overtime when necessary
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and good relationship building skills.
- Self-starter with ability be able to motivate others to improve their quality of work.
- Excellent team player.
- Well organized and have excellent time management skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
The employee will be required to wear appropriate PPE equipment. The employee could occasionally be exposed to extreme temperatures, fumes, or airborne particles. The noise level in the workplace is moderate.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requires employers to identify essential functions of a role. As a result, this job requires the employee to climb, stand, and lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the tasks.
Anchor Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other