- Lanham, MD, USA
- Full Time
TITLE: Senior Estimator
JOB STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Various locations including the Metropolitan DMV and Eastern Shore
REPORTS TO: Vice President
Anchor Construction Corporation has an immediate opening for a full-time Senior Estimator. A
minimum of 8 years of experience in site construction required, with a particular emphasis on
water, sewer, storm, and conduit construction. Experience in estimating projects in the
Washington, DC area and vicinity is extremely helpful.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to thoroughly review contracts, plans and specifications when awarded projects to bid.
- Strong knowledge of field construction tasks (excavation, pipe installation, backfill, restoration,
- Ability to estimate crew cost including number and class of people, equipment needs, material
and other expenses.
- Ability to supervise, mentor, and manage multiple estimators in the estimating department.
- Extensive experience negotiating pricing with material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of HCSS Heavy Bid estimating software required.
- Ability to perform material take-offs for projects.
- Prepare bid packages for lower-tier subcontractors to price.
- Assist in preparation of change order claims, when required.
- Lead and/or participate in required meetings (pre-bid meetings, in-house bid meetings, project
turnover meetings, progress meetings, etc.)
- Prepare quote letters and other correspondence, as directed by the Vice President.
Experience and Qualifications
- Associates Degree or BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a construction Estimator required with a heavy emphasis
on water, sewer, storm, and conduit construction.
- Basic knowledge of specific construction tasks performed by company crews (i.e., waterline,
conduit, sewer pipe installation, concrete work, etc.)
- Computer software knowledge (HCSS Heavy Bid, MS Excel, MS Word, etc.)
- CRM experience
- Great communications skills (verbal and written), organizational skills, and problem-solving
Anchor Construction is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.