TITLE: Senior Estimator
JOB STATUS: Exempt
LOCATION: Various locations including the Metropolitan DMV and Eastern Shore
REPORTS TO: Vice President
Anchor Construction Corporation has an immediate opening for a full-time Senior Estimator. A
minimum of 8 years of experience in site construction required, with a particular emphasis on
water, sewer, storm, and conduit construction. Experience in estimating projects in the
Washington, DC area and vicinity is extremely helpful.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to thoroughly review contracts, plans and specifications when awarded projects to bid.
- Strong knowledge of field construction tasks (excavation, pipe installation, backfill, restoration,
- Ability to estimate crew cost including number and class of people, equipment needs, material
and other expenses.
- Ability to supervise, mentor, and manage multiple estimators in the estimating department.
- Extensive experience negotiating pricing with material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Knowledge of HCSS Heavy Bid estimating software required.
- Ability to perform material take-offs for projects.
- Prepare bid packages for lower-tier subcontractors to price.
- Assist in preparation of change order claims, when required.
- Lead and/or participate in required meetings (pre-bid meetings, in-house bid meetings, project
turnover meetings, progress meetings, etc.)
- Prepare quote letters and other correspondence, as directed by the Vice President.
Experience and Qualifications
- Associates Degree or BS in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of experience as a construction Estimator required with a heavy emphasis
on water, sewer, storm, and conduit construction.
- Basic knowledge of specific construction tasks performed by company crews (i.e., waterline,
conduit, sewer pipe installation, concrete work, etc.)
- Computer software knowledge (HCSS Heavy Bid, MS Excel, MS Word, etc.)
- CRM experience
- Great communications skills (verbal and written), organizational skills, and problem-solving