Title: Operational Excellence Project Coordinator
Job Status: Exempt
Location: Various locations within the Metropolitan DMV area
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Operational Excellence
Summary: The Project Coordinator's main focus will be to provide support and coordination efforts between Field Operations, Yard Operations, Project Management, and other Anchor departments to ensure the field staff is enabled to succeed and deliver safety, quality, and production on all jobs. The Project Coordinator will support the SVP of Operational Excellence from meeting support to data analysis of key information from different core software systems like Heavy job, Safety 360, etc.
Anchor Construction Corporation offers a competitive salary, paid holidays, 401k retirement plan, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, accidental death & disability insurance, an employee assistance program, DC commuter benefits, and voluntary insurances such as long term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, accident coverage, and whole life insurance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support to SVP of Operational Excellence and other key leaders in correspondence/email management by scanning selected inboxes and help key leaders track correspondence on important topics on an ongoing basis.
- Provide support to SVP of Operational Excellence and other key leaders in internal initiative management from projects/initiatives incorporating multiple departments and involvement of multiple members of the senior leadership team (SLT).
- Attend appropriate meetings with SVP of Operational Excellence and/or a proxy to take notes and assist SVP with follow-up.
- Estimating/Popper for bid/business development related items
- Crew Scheduling
- Wed mtg
- Thurs Superintendent meeting
- Friday Safety meeting
- Assist the Senior Vice President of Operational Excellence in the resolution with regards to inter-departmental related issues.
- Work directly with VP of Field Operations to create and provide support to manage new Standard Operating Procedures and Policies for all Operations functions including Superintendent and Foreman Field Management, Dispatch, Purchasing, Shop, Safety, and Training
- Support SVP of Operation Excellence with aspects of Owners Representative for new Anchor Campus Facility
- Assist with project coordination of internal projects like:
- Development of Pipe Layer Apprenticeship Program
- Development of Anchor University Training Center and curriculum
- Work with Assist Claims Department with all types of claims and disciplinary actions and to reduce exposure and insurance costs
- Work with Project Management Staff to create and manage new Standard Operating Procedures as well as have oversight on PM process meetings (Turnover & kickoff) as well as department and project progress meetings
- Work with Accounting on project performance as well as high-level understanding of company indirect costs
- Provide data analysis and report generation around project status including budget, billing, and all financial obligations as well as vendor and subcontractor performance
- Work with Subcontractor Committee to enhance Anchor capabilities and reach financial goals for growth
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- 4-year degree in Construction or related field operations management experience is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Construction including extensive experience related to wet and dry utility construction as well as high and low voltage electrical experience/knowledge
- 5+ years of experience in a project coordinator position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish
- Strong understanding of project and company financials
- Strong communicator
- Self-motivated and able to work without supervisions
- Be an ambassador for the Anchor brand
- Experience with HCSS software a plus
- Experience with Sage Accounting software a plus
Big buckets of time
- Attend meetings and take notes (20%) with SVP of Op Ex
- Follow up on action items with Field Ops, Yard Ops, and Safety (20%)
- Follow up on action items with other Admin departments (20%)
- Project manage internal initiatives led by SVP of Op Excellence (20%)
- Review key data for each of the following depts and potentially help organize scorecards or other reports (20%):
- Field Ops
- Yard Ops
Anchor Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Anchor Anchor Construction Corporation is one of the Mid-Atlantic Region's most respected and leading self-performing utility and infrastructure firms, delivering superior solutions for public agencies, utilities, and businesses east and west of the Chesapeake Bay (throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and Washington, D.C.). Anchor offers construction services in a variety of markets including bridges, dry and wet utilities, and green infrastructure. Anchor employs over 450 professionals.
The Anchor Way Anchor creates partnerships that produce innovative, cost-effective, and quality construction projects that exceed our customers' expectations in a safe environment.
Core Values Safety, quality, integrity, and teamwork are at the core of everything we do - every shift, every day.