Operates a variety of equipment and trucks used in construction, maintenance, and repair activities and performs a variety of semiskilled tasks in the maintenance of underground utilities.
Anchor Construction Corporation offers a competitive salary, paid holidays, 401k retirement plan, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, accidental death & disability insurance, an employee assistance program, DC commuter benefits, and voluntary insurances such as long term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, accident coverage, and whole life insurance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA, State regulations, and all safety policies and procedures
- Report any problems and/or safety hazards to your foreman or, in their absence the crew lead or Superintendent or Safety Officer
- Use skills acquired through years of experience excavates through sand, soil, dirt, rock, and earth
- Able to read and understand plans and blueprints
- Knows how to navigate equipment within city confines, around utilities
- Safely operate equipment using all features and functions
- Be willing to be a team player
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience operator an Excavator and Backhoe, Skid Steer Loader
- Ability to navigate through utilities and operate equipment in a city
- Maintain and abide by all safety requirements
- Ability to follow basic instructions in English
- Ability to work overtime as needed
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions
- Has DC Operator's License
- Ability to pass physical exam ex. DOT
- Ability to travel to various work locations including work outside the region
- Must inspect equipment prior to start of work including greasing as required by manufacturer.
- Must be willing to drive rubber tire equipment from yard to various work locations
- May be required to wear special clothing
Anchor Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Anchor Construction Corporation is one of the Mid-Atlantic Region's most respected and leading self-performing utility and infrastructure firms, delivering superior solutions for public agencies, utilities, and businesses east and west of the Chesapeake Bay (throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and Washington, D.C.). Anchor offers construction services in a variety of markets including bridges, dry and wet utilities, and green infrastructure. Anchor employs over 450 professionals.
The Anchor Way
Anchor creates partnerships that produce innovative, cost-effective, and quality construction projects that exceed our customers' expectations in a safe environment.
Safety, quality, integrity, and teamwork are at the core of everything we do - every shift, every day.