The General Laborer works in varying aspects of the construction field. Works to ensure general safety, cleanliness, support, and material organization on various projects ranging from water, storm drains and sewer lines to concrete, general site development and bridge or infrastructure. Works on construction projects, usually working in utility capacity, by transferring from one task to another where demands require. Transportation will be provided to work sites from the main Yard location.
Anchor Construction Corporation offers competitive salary, paid holidays, 401k retirement plan, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, accidental death & disability insurance, an employee assistance program, DC commuter benefits, and voluntary insurances such as long term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, accident coverage and whole life insurance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA, State regulations, and all safety policies and procedures;
- Report any problems and/or safety hazards to your foreman or, in their absence the crew lead or Superintendent or Safety Officer
- Identify utility lines
- Take initiative in setting up and cleaning up work site, ensuring all tools and equipment are cleaned and properly stored
- Bolt, nail, align and move materials
- Signal operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment
- Carry lumber, pipe, tools and other types of construction materials
- Dig holes and trenches with hand tools
- Level dirt or materials to grade as specification requires
- Assist with positioning, joining, aligning and sealing pipe sections
- Mix and pour concrete, spread and compact asphalt, compacts dirt using tools
- Assist with building of various structures and forms
- Assist with erecting and removing shoring of trenches
- Mop, brush or spread paints or bituminous compounds over surfaces for protection
- Spray materials such as water, sand, vinyl pain through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces
- Sweep and clean jobsite, yard, vehicles, equipment, or building
- Assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs, barricades, cones and other traffic control devices
- Grind, sand, and polish surfaces
- Measure and cut materials as required
- Dismantle forms, mount pipe hangers, and cut and attach insulating materials
- Work as a flagger for traffic control after certification
- Attend training and informational sessions as required
- Other duties as assigned
Anchor Construction Corporation is one of the Mid-Atlantic Region's most respected and leading self-performing utility and infrastructure firms, delivering superior solutions for public agencies, utilities, and businesses east and west of the Chesapeake Bay (throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and Washington, D.C.). Anchor offers construction services in a variety of markets including bridges, dry and wet utilities, and green infrastructure. Anchor employs over 450 professionals.
The Anchor Way
Anchor creates partnerships that produce innovative, cost-effective, and quality construction projects that exceed our customers' expectations in a safe environment.
Safety, quality, integrity, and teamwork are at the core of everything we do - every shift, every day.