- Greater Landover, MD, USA
- Full Time
Anchor Construction Corporation is looking for individuals seeking a career in construction! The right candidates possess the ability and proficiency to install straight splices, transition splices as well as pole and transformer terminations, using rubber and lead type splicing techniques on cables of all sizes.
Anchor Construction Corporation offers a competitive salary, paid holidays, 401k retirement plan, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, accidental death & disability insurance, an employee assistance program, DC commuter benefits, and voluntary insurances such as long term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, accident coverage, and whole life insurance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a crew to perform underground construction or maintenance work, including, the installing or removal of underground distribution cables and associated equipment.
- Splice underground cables, rated for voltages 4Kv-69Kv.
- Perform underground construction or maintenance work, including, the installing or removal of underground distribution cables and associated equipment.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA, State regulations, and all safety policies and procedures
- Report any problems and/or safety hazards to your foreman or, in their absence the crew lead or Superintendent or Safety Officer
- Assist with site preparations
- Gather tools and equipment for splicing tasks
- Assist Journeyman and Apprentice with electrical tasks
- Maintain and care for all tools and equipment
- May assist Foreman with assignments while on site
- May perform other duties as assigned by Dispatch, Superintendents, and/or Foremen
Expected to lift at least 50 pounds or more with frequent lifting/carrying objects
Anchor Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Anchor Construction Corporation is one of the Mid-Atlantic Region's most respected and leading self-performing utility and infrastructure firms, delivering superior solutions for public agencies, utilities, and businesses east and west of the Chesapeake Bay (throughout Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, and Washington, D.C.). Anchor offers construction services in a variety of markets including bridges, dry and wet utilities, and green infrastructure. Anchor employs over 450 professionals.
The Anchor Way
Anchor creates partnerships that produce innovative, cost-effective, and quality construction projects that exceed our customers' expectations in a safe environment.
Safety, quality, integrity, and teamwork are at the core of everything we do - every shift, every day.