Anchor Construction Corporation is looking for individuals seeking a career in construction! The right candidates possess the ability and proficiency to install straight splices, transition splices as well as pole and transformer terminations, using rubber and lead type splicing techniques on cables of all sizes.
Anchor Construction Corporation offers a competitive salary, paid holidays, 401k retirement plan, health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short term disability, accidental death & disability insurance, an employee assistance program, DC commuter benefits, and voluntary insurances such as long term disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, accident coverage, and whole life insurance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a crew to perform underground construction or maintenance work, including, the installing or removal of underground distribution cables and associated equipment.
- Splice underground cables, rated for voltages 4Kv-69Kv.
- Perform underground construction or maintenance work, including, the installing or removal of underground distribution cables and associated equipment.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with OSHA, State regulations, and all safety policies and procedures
- Report any problems and/or safety hazards to your foreman or, in their absence the crew lead or Superintendent or Safety Officer
- Assist with site preparations
- Gather tools and equipment for splicing tasks
- Assist Journeyman and Apprentice with electrical tasks
- Maintain and care for all tools and equipment
- May assist Foreman with assignments while on site
- May perform other duties as assigned by Dispatch, Superintendents, and/or Foremen
Expected to lift at least 50 pounds or more with frequent lifting/carrying objects
Anchor Construction is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Grounded in Excellence
Since 1985, Anchor has been a trusted heavy civil contractor to federal, state, and local government agencies, private organizations, and commercial institutions throughout Washington, D.C., Baltimore, and Northern Virginia.
When Anchor first opened its doors 35 years ago, the company specialized in surface restoration projects. Today, surface restoration is just a small part of the comprehensive suite of full-scale utilities and infrastructure services offered by Anchor. Identified as an 'essential business' earlier in 2020, our team of highly skilled professionals continues to build and rehabilitate critical infrastructure every single day for the public good.