ABOUT OUR COMPANY: AMS is a leading nuclear engineering services company in Knoxville, TN specializing in instrumentation and control (I&C) system test equipment, training, and services. We provide the worldwide nuclear industry with products and services to measure I&C performance and verify compliance with technical specifications and regulatory requirements. AMS products and services cover a wide range including in-situ measurement of dynamic performance of I&C sensors, shutdown rod control system diagnostics, digital I&C equipment qualification, wireless technology implementation for equipment condition monitoring, cable testing and troubleshooting, aging management of critical plant equipment, online calibration monitoring of process sensors, computer-aided testing, and development of specialized data acquisition equipment and data analysis algorithms in support of reactor operation and maintenance. Be a part of our dynamic team!
OUR MISSION: To ensure the safe operation of the worldwide nuclear fleet through innovative testing services, engineering solutions, and data analysis.
POSITION TYPE: Full-time.
- An Associate degree in Electrical Engineering/Electronics Engineering and at least 3 years of directly related experience.
- Ability to read and understand written/oral instructions and procedures
- Ability to analyze information objectively and make a reasoned judgement "Critical Thinking"
- Calibrate, maintain, and troubleshoot precision electronic equipment
- Install programs, configure software, and troubleshoot computer operational problems
- Construct precision electronic and computer-based equipment
- Travel 6 to 12 times per year for an average 4-day duration per trip to perform field service testing at national and international nuclear power plants
- Perform other technical and non-technical tasks as assigned by company management
- Maintain an orderly and professional appearance
AMS is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. We offer competitive salaries, four weeks of paid time off, a 401K retirement program, at least ten paid holidays per year, and flexible hours. AMS also offers generous employer contributions towards health, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance coverage.
For more information or to apply for an open position, please visit our website at www.ams-careers.com.