- Knoxville, TN, USA
- Full Time
Competitive salaries, annual raises and bonuses, four weeks of paid time off, 401K program, ten paid holidays per year, as well as employer-paid health, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance coverage.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY: AMS is a leading nuclear engineering services company in Knoxville, TN specializing in instrumentation and control (I&C) system test equipment, training, and services. We provide the worldwide nuclear industry with products and services to measure I&C performance and verify compliance with technical specifications and regulatory requirements. AMS products and services cover a wide range including in-situ measurement of dynamic performance of I&C sensors, shutdown rod control system diagnostics, digital I&C equipment qualification, wireless technology implementation for equipment condition monitoring, cable testing and troubleshooting, aging management of critical plant equipment, online calibration monitoring of process sensors, computer-aided testing, and development of specialized data acquisition equipment and data analysis algorithms in support of reactor operation and maintenance. Be a part of our dynamic team!
OUR MISSION: To ensure the safe operation of the worldwide nuclear fleet through innovative testing services, engineering solutions, and data analysis.
POSITION TYPE: Full-time.
A Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 5 years of directly related experience in the field of electrical engineering, electronics engineering, software engineering, and/or I&C system engineering, electronic hardware design, development, and testing.
We use hardware modules such as signal conditioners from National Instruments (NI) Company of Texas and use NI's LabVIEW software to produce specialized test equipment. AMS is a "systems integrator".
- Design and develop new equipment and technology for testing of nuclear power plant electrical, electronic and electro-mechanic systems
- Develop and qualify data acquisition hardware and integrate it with software
- Perform research and development to produce new products, equipment and technology
- Travel 6 to 12 times per year for an average 4-day duration per trip to perform field service testing at national and international nuclear power plants
- Perform data analysis and write technical reports
- Prepare technical documentation
- Perform other work as assigned by company management
- Maintain an orderly and professional appearance
AMS is an equal opportunity employer that participates in E-verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. We offer competitive salaries, four weeks of paid time off, a 401K retirement program, at least ten paid holidays per year, and flexible hours. AMS also offers generous employer contributions towards health, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance coverage.
For more information or to apply for an open position, please visit our website at www.ams-careers.com.