ABOUT OUR COMPANY: AMS is a leading nuclear engineering services company in Knoxville, TN specializing in instrumentation and control (I&C) system test equipment, training, and services. We provide the worldwide nuclear industry with products and services to measure I&C performance and verify compliance with technical specifications and regulatory requirements. AMS products and services cover a wide range including in-situ measurement of dynamic performance of I&C sensors, shutdown rod control system diagnostics, digital I&C equipment qualification, wireless technology implementation for equipment condition monitoring, cable testing and troubleshooting, aging management of critical plant equipment, online calibration monitoring of process sensors, computer-aided testing, and development of specialized data acquisition equipment and data analysis algorithms in support of reactor operation and maintenance. Be a part of our dynamic team!
OUR MISSION: To ensure the safe operation of the worldwide nuclear fleet through innovative testing services, engineering solutions, and data analysis.
POSITION TYPE: Full-time.
THE OPPORTUNITY: A Human Resources (HR) Generalist at AMS fulfills a broad variety of duties to support our growing and dynamic team. If you enjoy working with people, solving problems, and thrive in a fast-paced environment – apply!
- A college degree in HR or related field and 3+ years of directly related HR experience
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now software (or other HRIS systems) and Applicant Tracking Systems
- High proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat
- Extensive use of recruiting platforms and websites such as LinkedIn, collegiate platforms, etc.
- Ability to assess strong technical and cultural fit of job candidates for all active openings
- Agile work style with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication, presentation, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Monitor and drive applicant selection, interview processes, job requirements, and job descriptions/postings for all departments
- Collaborate with operations and management to develop effective recruitment and retention strategies
- Administer the full cycle of new employee on-boarding and orientation materials, forms, scheduling, and planning
- Develop initiatives for employee incentives, team building events, and fun group activities
- Maintain employee personnel records
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law and compliance and reporting requirements
- Co-manage employee pay updates including implementation of raises and bonuses
- Co-manage employee benefit administration including 401k and health benefit material upkeep and enrollments
- Coordinate employee satisfaction surveys and give actionable insights for company growth and development
- Update company policies and procedures and communicate changes company-wide
- Address and document performance and general personnel issues as appropriate
- Assist the executive team with special projects as needed
AMS is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salaries, four weeks of paid time off, a 401K retirement program, at least ten paid holidays per year, and flexible hours. AMS also offers employer-paid health, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance coverage, as well as contribution to family health insurance.
For more information or to apply for an open position, please visit our website at www.ams-careers.com.