- Patuxent River, MD, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are: AM Pierce & Associates and Applied Technologies Group (ATG), a wholly owned subsidiary of AM Pierce and Associates, is a woman-owned small business providing Engineering & Research, Cyber, C5ISR, Program & Acquisition Management services and solutions to a diverse government and industry client base. We are a stable and growing company who offers our employees a rich benefits package, supportive and flexible work environment, and the opportunity to work with experts in their field.
The Position: Performs the role of Flight Test Engineer Triton UAS Missions Systems Test, Journeyman. Supports the Mission Systems T&E Division, Unmanned Systems T&E Branch.
The Location: NAS Patuxent River, Maryland
For more information about AM Pierce & Associates, please visit our website at www.ampierce.com.
- Applies engineering principles to research, analyze, plan, design, develop, implement, test, or evaluate systems for the MQ-4C, Triton, Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS).
- Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- This position applies engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, design, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
Education and Experience:
- At least five (5) years of engineering experience.
- Three (3) years of experience shall have consisted of performing engineering functions with respect to support, research or development of mechanical, electrical, or aerospace systems
- 1 year experience as a team lead
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in engineering discipline, computer science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, or statistics from an accredited college or university.
- An Active DoD Secret clearance, required; ability to obtain TS/SCI required.
- Aviation systems, ground and flight test support, test ranges, and test laboratories.
- Experience in developmental or operational test planning, amendments, coordination and reporting.
- Prior experience with Minotaur
- Prior experience with Mission Planning
- Technical writing skills
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of unmanned aerial systems
- Knowledge of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) systems [Electro-Optical (EO/IR), radar, Automatic Identification System (AIS), Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Traffic and Collision Avoidance System (TCAS, Link-16, Navigation)
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of computer networking
- Ability to work within a team of engineers to generate practical and executable tests
- Team organizational skills
- Team communications skills
- Ability to understand complex systems
- Ability to perform troubleshooting of complex systems
- Knowledge of the Maritime Patrol Mission
- None anticipated, but the potential for travel exists as test needs dictate.
The Working Environment: The physical environment requires the employee to work on-site at the government program office, sitting in a cubicle or at a desk, looking at a computer for most of the workday. The employee may be required to walk short distances to offices/conference rooms and buildings on site. On some occasions, the employee may be required to drive to offices or buildings near the work site. In rare occasions, travel may be required.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. AM Pierce and Associates as well as its subsidiaries may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
AM Pierce and Associates as well as its subsidiaries invests in its employees beyond just compensation. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities. AM Pierce and Associates as well as its subsidiaries also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and Accidental Death & Disability Coverage, Traditional 401(k) and ROTH 401k Retirement Plans, Discretionary Profit-Sharing Program, Paid Time Off and Holidays, Professional Development Opportunities, Incentive Programs, Awards and Recognition, Employee Assistance Program, Will Preparation, Identity Theft Protection & Legal Support, Referral Program, Voluntary Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, Pet Insurance, Norton Life Lock, and HSA and FSA.
The specific program and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, Full or Part-time status, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
AM Pierce & Associates as well as its subsidiaries complies with all Federal and State laws and regulations concerning Affirmative action and workplace equal opportunity; in further detail, AM Pierce & Associates as well as its subsidiaries does not discriminate in employment decisions (to include applicants and employees) on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. AM Pierce & Associates as well as its subsidiaries takes affirmative action to ensure that equal opportunity is provided in all aspects of employment. AM Pierce & Associates as well as its subsidiaries does not take adverse employment actions against applicants and employees for asking about, discussing, or sharing information about their pay or the pay of their co-workers. For more information regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, click here.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with AM Pierce and Associates as well as its subsidiaries through its online applicant system, please contact AM Pierce and Associates Human Resources Department at 240-718-3800.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our careers site because of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email our firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information or call 240-718-3800.
If your background meets the qualifications of the position, please submit your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or Job Listings - Applied Technologies Group, Inc. (applicantpro.com) AM Pierce & Associates verifies employment eligibility through E-Verify. Check out our E-Verify Right to Work Brochure.
This is a non-management position
This is a full-time/Part-time position