- Corcoran, CA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid time off
Amity Foundation, an internationally acclaimed Teaching and Therapeutic Community is seeking compassionate and enthusiastic individuals with a desire to teach, learn and join our community as a, Certified Substance Abuse Counselor- Entry at our in-prison facilities. This groundbreaking opportunity not only will be working in our prison programs to help the inmate population but will also enhance your training and experience in the field.
About Amity: Amity Foundation is a safe place where people can change in an environment that fosters trust; where new values can be formed; responsibility developed and lasting relationships built. Amity is dedicated to the inclusion and habilitation of people marginalized by addiction, homelessness, trauma, criminality, incarceration, poverty, racism, sexism and violence. Amity is committed to research, development implementation and dissemination of information regarding community building.
Remembrance, Resolution, Reconciliation, Restoration, Renewal
About the Position:
As a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor- Entry, you will support the community by delivering face-to-face rehabilitative programming services in the Integrated Substance Use Disorder Treatment Program (ISUDTP).
What You Will Do:
- Deliver treatment services of participants.
- Lead and participate in face-to-face group and individual meetings, motivational interviewing, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and other therapeutic processes.
- Work directly with participants to develop and implement treatment service plans and connect participants to supportive networks as they return to the community.
- Review treatment plans, evaluate and record treatment progress, records visible changes in appearance, behavior, and demeanor of program participants.
- Maintain accurate, timely, and confidential participant records.
- Compile and evaluate assessments, comprehensive social, legal, and personal histories of program participants.
- Summarize participants' background, treatment plan, and recovery process.
- Prepare accurate, concise, informative reports, records, and plans that are consistent with Amity standards. They must comply with applicable clinical and administrative rules.
- Document treatment outcome using acceptable methods and tools; the delivery of programming services to the participants.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- A Master's Degree in social service-related field and registered with an AOD certifying organization recognized by DHCS; OR A Bachelor's Degree in a social service-related field, AOD certified, OR an Associates' Degree in a social service-related field, AOD certified, and THREE years of certified experience providing certified SUDT services as a AOD Counselor; OR AOD certified and FOUR to FIVE years of certified experience providing certified SUDT services as a certified AOD counselor.
- Understanding of causes, symptoms, and effects of substance abuse. Appreciation for the behavioral, psychological, physical, and social impact of drug abuse.
- Possess an understanding of SUD program curriculum, objectives, and best practices for implementation.
- Knowledge of contractual requirements of ISUDTP is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal, written communications, and typing skills. Operational knowledge of MS-Word, Excel, and Access.
- Ability to maintain sensitivity and objectivity under pressure.
- Ability to provide genuine warmth, empathy and honest sensitive to program participants to facilitate positive change.
- Ability to provide program participants with frequent acknowledgment and reinforcement for positive behaviors, as well as consistent and predictable feedback for negative behaviors, which may include reporting violations to CDCR staff.
- Ability to develop a treatment alliance with participants. Demonstrate ethical behavior to maintain professional standards and safeguard the participant.
- Demonstrate proper attitudes and techniques towards faculty, institution staff, and program participants; and model professional, useful work habits and responsible living.
- Other duties as assigned
What we Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision.
- Paid vacation, Sick time, & Holidays
- 401K, HSA, & Life insurance programs
- Organization committed to community action
- Community oriented workplace