- Waukegan, IL, USA
- Full Time
We are Vista Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
The responsibility of the Registration Representative is to facilitate the patient intake process for inpatients and outpatients by obtaining and distributing patient data/signatures in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
- Interviews patient and obtains complete and accurate demographic and financial information. Based upon financial status, performs required pre-certification, co-pay or deposit collection. Enters data in computer and thoroughly documents any incomplete admissions / registrations in manner prescribed. Must have less than 3% error rate.
- Obtains signatures on all required forms. Photocopies insurance and I.D. Cards. Give patients packet containing Information on Advance Directive, Patient's Bill of Rights, Notice of Privacy Practices and other hospital information.
- Collects patient co-payment deductible and deposits in Emergency Department after completion of care, upon discharge.
- Accurately and neatly distributes and files all data and forms obtained in a timely manner.
- Follows established department procedure to transport or arrange for transportation of the patient to appropriate service area or room in an accurate timely manner.
- Answers all telephone calls by the 3rd ring, kindly and professionally, identifying oneself by name and department. Provides assistance to the caller 100% of the time. Maintains working knowledge of all telephone features.
- Follows established department procedure for attendance and availability. Adjusts to changes in department schedule as assigned based on census and department needs.
- Provides excellent customer service to all patients all of the time using Target 100 scripting and guidelines. Exhibits behavior that demonstrates respect for patients right to privacy and confidentiality.
- Relates appropriately to patients and others determined by age, cultural, religious and other variables.
- Interacts with co-workers and others in a positive manner to facilitate collaboration and cooperation.
- Follows infection control and safety policies and procedures at all times
- Attends department and other meetings as scheduled
- Keeps work area neat and clean and reports equipment failures and other unusual circumstances to appropriate supervisor / manager per established procedures.
- Perform information desk / receptionist.
- High school graduate or equivalent; additional college training preferred
- 1 year healthcare experience preferred
- Minimum typing of 35 wpm
- Knowledge of PC/CRT/ Printer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of function and relationships of departments within a hospital environment preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of insurance requirements and credit guidelines
- Demonstrated excellent customer services skills / abilities
AM Health Systems https://amhealthsystems.applicantpro.com