- Waukegan, IL, USA
- Full Time
We are Vista Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
The HIM Supervisor, under the direction of the HIM Manager, is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the areas supervised, encompassing Admission/Discharge processing, Assembly and Analysis, Medical Record completion, Requests for Medical Records and Permanent File Maintenance.
- Ensures that the medical record and health information systems are adequate for clinical evaluation, statistical data, medical/legal purposes, financial needs, CMI research, and where appropriate, case management and quality assessment/improvement activities per established guidelines.
- Improves medical record operations through preparing short and long term planning and continually identifying needs of the medical staff regarding record completion, dictation/transcription systems and other support services, as needed and as requested.
- Develops a motivated and competent staff by maintaining a functional organization structure and by providing for the overall staffing, training, development, evaluation, and discipline of personnel as outlined per established department procedures.
- Participates in planning, formulation, and evaluation of current and new programs, equipment and services to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Health Information Management department.
- Identifies and formalizes departmental policies, procedures, and performance standards; interprets and implements regulatory and accrediting requirements per established guidelines.
- Utilizes and promotes familiarization with the Quality Improvement program, Case Management, and other applicable programs as needed.
- Arranges and conducts meetings with staff to promote communication, discuss policies and procedures, solve problems, interpret new regulations and provide educational opportunities on a continual and regular basis.
- Assists the medical staff with all of their activities as outlined in the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations; attends their department and committee meetings as required.
- Serves as hospital liaison with designated agencies through direct involvement with agency representatives.
- Participates in hospital activities and professional organizations as requested 100% of the time.
- Prepares students for employment as HIM professionals by providing management affiliation and directed practice experience, scheduling activities and assignment, monitoring progress and completing evaluations.
- Operates in a profitable and cost-effective manner by preparing the annual operating and capital budgets, scheduling expenditures and adhering to standards of return on investment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent or Additional college training (preferred)
- RHIA or RHIT certificate preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of 35 wpm when typing
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Basic numerical and alphabetical filing skills
- Knowledge of functions and relationships of departments within a hospital (preferred)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of computerized chart tracking systems (preferred)
- Ability to work in a team environment and develop positive relationships with others.