- Waukegan, IL, USA
- Full Time
We are Vista Hospital. Our primary function is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care and RN supervision.
We service a multitude of patients and their families across our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional development of our staff, the functional improvement of our patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our communities.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities for training and advancement within the medical field that all employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can benefit from.
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision insurance.
The patient account cashier's responsibilities include timely and accurately completing of deposits, balancing daily payments, providing service to patients and employees and maintaining financial records.
- Provides accurate, timely service to all individuals that either presents in person to the cashier office or call. Seeks assistance from manager / director or other department staff as necessary.
- Receives patient payments and deposits by check, cash, money order or credit card. Totals and deposits cash and checks to bank via Security Armored Care Service after listing all daily deposits n security book. Sends patient payment CRJ to RBO to post to accounts
- Calculates and enters daily cash collection on Point of Service reports and forwards to designated individuals on a daily and monthly basis.
- Verifies and prepares daily cash bags/boxes for registration, gift shop and cafeteria. Accepts and gives receipts for deposit bags from cafeteria and/or other departments.
- Receives payment and discusses receipts for employee I.D. badges, physician rent fees, service fees, meals, and/or various other services.
- In morning balances cash boxes, admitting petty cash box, and safe petty cash daily. Fills petty cash vouchers and notifies employees when ready to be obtained. Prepares reimbursement list for Fiscal Services when need arises.
- Receives reimbursement checks from Fiscal Services and notifies individuals by phone to pick up checks from Cashier's office. Receives and disburses employee payroll to department representatives for distribution.
- Obtains change from Security Armored Car Services to sell to Gift Shop and/or Cafeteria.
- Debits return checks to proper account, notifies remitter of return and posts returned or guaranteed check fees. Posts ambulance transport charges to patient bills and monitors ambulance bill for accuracy when submitted for payment.
- Balances, prepares and enters the Cash Report and spreadsheet (copy of CRJ) for the controller including all cash, checks and credit card income per established department procedure. Keeps copy in cashier's office.
- Accepts patient valuables for safekeeping and logs out when they are collected by patient upon discharge. Assists switchboard / mail clerk by providing home addresses for forwarding mail to discharged patients.
- Posts daily amount collected and number of times collected by individual admitting registrars to assist management in performance review and quality control.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent required, some college preferred; Accounting background preferred
- Recent cashier, bank teller or accounting experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of function and relationships of departments within a hospital environment preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of insurance requirements and credit guidelines
- Demonstrated excellent customer services skills / abilities
AM Health Systems https://amhealthsystems.applicantpro.com