Alto Neuroscience is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company that integrates the biology of the patient into drug development to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. Currently, there is no objective way to diagnose psychiatric illness, nor to identify which treatment is best for an individual patient. Treatment selection is presently done by trial-and-error as there are no tests that can inform these decisions. Through our AI-enabled biomarker platform, we combine rich sources of information on patients' brain activity and behavior to rapidly develop highly-effective medicines for targeted populations. We aim to replace today's trial-and-error clinical approach by aligning the right Alto drug with the right patient, redefining psychiatry at a time when the world needs it most. Come join us on our mission to re-imagine and re-engineer the treatment of mental illnesses!
Roles and Responsibilities
The Clinical Scientist will be responsible for the development and execution of clinical programs for novel, neuroscience compounds.
- Responsible for study design and protocol development for innovative biomarker studies in psychiatry,
- Execution of clinical studies, primarily serving as a study responsible physician for phase 1 and 2 trials
- Close collaboration with the clinical operations group for the implementation of trials
- Oversight and engagement with sites to ensure appropriate implementation of the protocols
- Assist in the interpretation of results including assisting in the review of clinical study reports, investigational brochures, and regulatory filings.
Skills and Qualifications
- MS in a clinically relevant field such as neuroscience or psychology; PhD or MD preferred.
- 3-5 years clinical trial preference, preferably with experience with pharmaceutical clinical trials
- Pharmaceutical / biotech clinical development experience, particularly with protocol development is preferred
- Experience in psychiatry, neurology, or psychology research experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Eager to thrive in a startup environment