Alto Neuroscience is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company that integrates the biology of the patient into drug development to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. Currently, there is no objective way to diagnose psychiatric illnesses, nor to identify which treatment is best for an individual patient. Treatment selection is presently done by trial-and-error as there are no tests that can inform these decisions. Through our AI-enabled biomarker platform, we combine rich sources of information on patients' brain activity and behavior to rapidly develop highly-effective medicines for targeted populations. We aim to replace today's trial-and-error clinical approach by aligning the right Alto drug with the right patient, redefining psychiatry at a time when the world needs it most. Come join us on our mission to re-imagine and re-engineer the treatment of mental illnesses!
We are looking for a software/platform engineer who can develop general purpose, scalable and modular software to support our ML analysis pipeline. The candidate will also design and maintain the codebase and data storage on our Linux-based high performance computing (HPC) cluster.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and maintain general purpose OOP software for our HPC cluster
- Take ownership over our libraries, including their general structure and relationship
- Standardize data transfer between platforms (e.g. remote sites, cloud and local servers)
- Support and curate multimodal data from multiple sources
- Perform regression testing and unit tests on our HPC server's software infrastructure
- Advocate and maintain best practices for software development on the data science team
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering or a related field
- Experience with Linux text editors and macros, shell scripting, Slurm
- 5+ years experience with Python
- Familiar with common Python data analytics packages: scikit-learn, Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, etc.
- Experience managing big (multivariate) data on a Linux computing server
- Development support tools: Git, Airflow
- Experience with CI/CD, software refactoring & software test automation
- Great verbal and written skills
- Be a team player while being able to work independently
- Ready to thrive in a startup environment
- Ability to containerize applications, e.g., Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with biomedical databases
- ETL scripting, SQL
- Experience with lower-level languages, e.g., C/C++