Alto Neuroscience is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company that integrates the biology of the patient into drug development to improve the lives of people with mental health conditions. Currently, there is no objective way to diagnose psychiatric illness, nor to identify which treatment is best for an individual patient. Treatment selection is presently done by trial-and-error as there are no tests that can inform these decisions. Through our AI-enabled biomarker platform, we combine rich sources of information on patients' brain activity and behavior to rapidly develop highly-effective medicines for targeted populations. We aim to replace today's trial-and-error clinical approach by aligning the right Alto drug with the right patient, redefining psychiatry at a time when the world needs it most. Come join us on our mission to re-imagine and re-engineer the treatment of mental illnesses!
The Technical Solutions Engineer will oversee the setup and management of large-scale data collection in multi-site clinical trials. They will work closely with the clinical team to plan the data collection activities for all clinical trials as well as serve as a liaison between the data collection activities and the Alto data science and engineering teams.
- Lead the planning, installation, and configuration of all data acquisition systems at clinical sites.
- Serve as the technical liaison between the clinical sites and Alto Data Science teams for all data-related activities.
- Provide onsite training to clinical trial sites on reliable collection of physiological data.
- Provide follow-up educational support to clinical site staff who have received training during the installation process.
- Analyze, resolve and repair product issues through detailed analysis and utilization of engineering expertise
- Provide remote and in-person training and troubleshooting sessions to sites, as needed
- Travel domestic or international, to sites, when needed and/or when possible.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Masters Degree in Health Sector Management, Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience or a related field with 3 years of experience.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with the basic principles of EEG, PSG, and/or EMG is a plus, but not required
- Clinical registration and certification in EEG, EMG, or PSG is a plus
- Any experience in Evoked Potentials is a plus, but not required.
- Any experience in Cognitive testing is a plus, but not required.
- Experience in explaining and training technical subjects to non-technical people.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience troubleshooting equipment in clinical environments
- Ability to document issues, write product documentation as needed
- Collaborative and strong team player while being able to work independently
- Experience with managing data on a Linux server
- Share a desire to improve mental healthcare