AirQuest Aviation Flight Instructors are responsible for teaching students how to fly in a variety of settings using methods that include textbook and web based education, simulators and live flight training. We are currently seeking applicants for a FAA Part 61 Flight Instructor who is willing to generate their own business to help build the student base at the Airport. Flight Instructors may also work at the ButlerCounty Airport.
- Provide instruction in the classroom, simulator and live flight environment
- Training students in subjects such as aircraft systems, aerodynamics, handling emergencies, aircraft navigation and radio operation
- Regularly assess students to ensure successful progress through the flight course
- Accurately maintain appropriate student records and report student progress through the flight course
- Meet with and recruit new customers, conduct tours and introductory meetings
- Report on students' progress
Educational Qualifications and Skills:
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor (CFI) SEL
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII) preferred but not mandatory
- Current FAA Medical Certificate 3rd Class
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Works both indoors and outdoors
This job description is presented as guidance only, other reasonable tasks or responsibilities as management sees necessary may be added to this job description in order to achieve satisfactory job performance by the team member.
Our company, in accordance with state and federal laws, does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status (unless such discrimination is required by law) or conviction record, except where sex, physical ability, age or conviction record is a bona fide occupational qualification. Our company also is required by law, by virtue of its contracts with the federal government, to take affirmative action to employ women, minorities, otherwise qualified handicapped individuals, and Vietnam-era, disabled, and other eligible veterans.