- 17-Nov-2021 to 01-Dec-2021 (CST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Market competitive salary
- Full Time
This position offers the following benefits: Medical insurance, Prescription insurance, Healthcare Advocacy, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal/Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Bonus(es). After one year of service, can elect to participate in 401(k). These are our current benefit offerings for the 2021 plan year and are subject to change without notice.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
AIRBUS requires that all employees, temporary workers, and contractors of Airbus will be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022 or prior to employment.
This position will be responsible for translating the design intent into the compilation and controlling the technical instructions for product manufacturing while also providing support to the shop floor. It will also be responsible for the integrated Manufacturing Dossier covering all means needed for shop floor execution: engineering technical information, quality control, measurement tasks, components/parts, jigs & tools, maintenance tasks, health & safety.
- Standardized work (the best way to perform tasks described in the SOI - the ''How'')
- Synchronized station enablement, as support in the creation of the PERT
- Time optimized work sequence
- Drive implementation of 1st installation with required shop floor feedback loops
- Create / update/ prioritize routings / BoM / SOI taken into account shop floor needs, Time calculation, and Work Preparation Golden Rules following applicable ABP processes
- Specify industrial asset (Jigs, Tools, Tooling, Machines,...) requirements for creation or modification, dealing also with standardization requests
- Plan regular feedback loops with the Production Team
- Manage key / recurrent work prep issues escalated by the Production Team / Tech shop floor support Communicate directly and by physical participation in Production Team routines
- Support shop floor continuous improvement by providing work prep expertise when issues are not managed at shop floor level by technical shop floor support
- Upstream: contribute to select product concept in the design phase (before MG3) to ensure industrial needs are taken into Pull industrial requirements to design & supply chain.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in manufacturing and/or a production environment
- 3 or more years of experience interpreting engineering drawings
- Excellent MS Office application, as well as experience in analyzing data
- A high degree of flexibility and initiative
- AA Degree in related discipline and 3 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Possess the motivation to learn.
- Able to read and interpret 2D engineering drawings
- Able to work with the metric system
- Able to read and interpret technical standards
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, and tools used in manufacturing engineering.
- Knowledge of rules for aircraft design and manufacturing.
- Ability to work in a team environment, cross-functional team environment, as well as independently and with customers and channels.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Have the ability to establish and maintain a good relationship with all internal customers.
- Have the ability to work in an international team.
- Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to present clear and concise briefings and reports to customers and executives
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of Airbus Industries electrical processes & methods.
- Knowledge of Airbus IT-Tools (TiCon, Zamiz, TAKSY, DOcMaster).
- Knowledge of common applications such as SAP/R3 (Module PP/PM).
- Authorized to Work in the US
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions, and other business interactions
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying sizes with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: able to operate a personal computer, telephone, copier, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors.
- Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 20lbs/9kg which engaging in training, addressing production issues, or as part of continuous improvement projects.
- Lifting: able to occasionally lift to 30lbs/14kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas and on the shop floor.
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at the computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
- Travel/Mobility: able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time and on short notice.
- Walking: able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips, and sometimes on uneven indoor or outdoor surfaces other business interactions
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.