- 27-Aug-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Market Competitive Salary
- Full Time
This position offers the following benefits: Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription insurance, Healthcare Advocacy, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Basic & Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Short and Long-term Disability insurance, Voluntary Accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness insurance, Identity Theft & Fraud Resolution insurance, Legal Plan insurance, 401(k), Travel Assistance, International SOS insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal/Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Tuition Assistance, Bonus(es). These are our current benefit offerings for the 2021 plan year and are subject to change without notice.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than six-fold order book increase since 2000.
AIRBUS requires that all employees, temporary workers, and contractors of Airbus will be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021 or prior to employment.
Jobholder is responsible for the development and approval of solutions related to aircraft systems non-conformities which require engineering expertise and delegation to be resolved during aircraft final assembly, flight line and delivery activities.
The jobholder is accountable for all design engineering activities in the area of Aircraft Systems (Aircraft Control & Monitoring, Avionics, Power & Mechanical, Landing Gear, Cabin Systems, Power Plant) and Installations linked to non-conformities** originated during the A320 Family FAL US manufacturing process.
The solution must be in line with the requirements of valid SLA**** content (time line, quality and completeness of the solution), Airbus Design Principles, internal and external customer expectations and continuous Airworthiness requirements.
- Creation, validation, approval and monitoring of design and engineering corrective and trouble-shooting actions, improvements and preventive measures (launch of new modifications, drawing updates, design query notes) to resolve engineering related non-conformities.
- Creation/ approval / authorization (release) of technical solutions including justification reports for reworks or trouble shooting instructions to Aircraft
- Systems non-functioning/malfunctioning issues during on ground and in flight activities. Standard instructions are approved autonomously, major ones if required with the support of the transnational Engineering departments and other A320 Family MAP teams.
- The jobholder is accountable for the given approved rework or trouble shooting solution in front of the corresponding design office, chief engineering, and authorities (EASA/FAA).
- Representing and acting in the name of the Chief Engineering and the design offices of AIRBUS (by delegation) as well as design to build suppliers.
- The jobholder acts as an interface between the A320 Family Chief Engineer/ Design office and the Manufacturing/ Quality assurance.
- To provide systems engineering support to the FAL US (and to remote A320 Family FALs if required) during the complete manufacturing process from the delivery of the sections, FAL and flight Line activities, up to the aircraft ferry flight in all relevant engineering items including engineering presentations in front of the customer.
- Creation, approval and authorization of temporary aircraft definitions (special instructions) in line with the airworthiness requirements.
- Present technical explanations/corrective actions to the flight test department and to the customer if required (internal and external customers).
- Performs other duties as assigned and adapted to the FAL requirements.
* MAP = Mise au point= On site Engineering support. The department is representing the Engineering organization during the Final Assembly Line process up to delivery of the aircraft to the customer.
**Non-conformities (NC's) are written by the production/quality departments or Flight Test Engineers, if they detect any deviations/damages during the assembly process, inspection or production flights.
*** Concessions cover significant non-conformities requiring dedicated justification and corresponding engineering technical delegation
**** SLA: Service Level Agreement
As part of the A320 Family MAP Engineering Support team the incumbent will be responsible for specific tasks - based on individual skills, experience and delegation - including, but not limited to - onsite service, establishing flight clearance prerequisites, training onsite employees in new aircraft design and production techniques, managing, creating and establishing improvements of onsite processes, support of worldwide MAP Engineering teams etc.
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- Knowledge of Aircraft Systems
- Experience in Systems Design (Architecture and Integration)
- Demonstrated effectiveness in solving engineering problems
- Knowledge of Airbus Design Principles (systems, electrical, mechanical installation)
- Knowledge of Aircraft Configuration management rules
- Knowledge of AIRBUS internal procedures, processes and tools
- Experience using AIRBUS manuals (Aircraft Maintenance Manual, Wiring list, Illustrated Parts Catalog etc.)
- Demonstrated success in identifying and solving problems.
- Ability to function on the basis of self-motivation and self-direction.
- Several years working experience in the area and in transnational teams.
Behavioral Success Factors (Diversity, teaming):
- Team working
- Good standing in front of the internal/external customer
- Used to work in cross functional (interdisciplinary thinking) and transnational teams (Knowledge of additional languages of advantage: e.g. German, French, Spanish)
- Innovative problem solver with demonstrated willingness to work across organizational borders.
- Work self-motivated, self-directed and used to perform in stress situations
- Short term adaptation on fast changing FAL production planning
- A Bachelors or Master degree in aerospace, mechanical, electrical or systems engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- More than 5 years relevant experience required (Preference in the aeronautical field)
- Capability to develop on design office and chief engineering delegations for A320 Aircraft Family
Working Conditions/Physical Demands (for ex. Lifting, working in heights):
* Alternate work schedules may be required (e.g. late shift, weekend, on-call)
Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to observe manufacturing operations including equipment as well as individual tasks.
Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings and on production floor and flight line. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
Equipment Operation Able to operate a wide range of personal and office electronic equipment as well as production-related tools and equipment including hydraulic lifts and power drills, etc.
Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 50lbs/22kg which engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
Lifting: able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs/22kg.
Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items on production and in office areas.
Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at computer, in meetings and observing production processes.
Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time, often on concrete floors observing production operations or delivering information.
Travel: able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time, at short notice.
Walking: able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor and/or outdoor surfaces.
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.