- 24-Aug-2021 to 01-Dec-2021 (CST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
- market competitive salary
- Full Time
This position offers the following benefits: Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Prescription insurance, Healthcare Advocacy, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Basic & Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment insurance, Short and Long-term Disability insurance, Voluntary Accident insurance, Voluntary Critical Illness insurance, Identity Theft & Fraud Resolution insurance, Legal Plan insurance, 401(k), Travel Assistance, International SOS insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal/Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Tuition Assistance, Bonus(es). These are our current benefit offerings for the 2021 plan year and are subject to change without notice.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
AIRBUS requires that all employees, temporary workers, and contractors of Airbus will be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021 or prior to employment.
Responsible for the execution and confirmation of quality inspections as part of the production process.
- Execute technical inspections in the production process of the aircraft in the context of the authorization of manufacturer operation.
- Prepare and perform visual, incoming, first article, final inspections during aircraft manufacture for compliance for compliance with design specifications, customers and certification requirements.
- Document the technical inspections performed in the production orders SAP-based and the relevant SAL-based IT systems by inspection arks and complete other aircraft documents as well as prepare first article inspection reports.
- Support troubleshooting and participate in Quality Survey requests.
- Compile all technical data of non-conformance in order to launch the SAP-based quality discrepancy sheets for the professional assessment in accordance with the manufacturing engineering documentation.
- Document all the results of the technical inspector in the SAP based IT system.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications/Basic Job Requirements:
- 3 years of experience as a Quality Inspector in an international aviation company.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems.
- Knowledge of drawing systems, inspection plans, and inspection coordination.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and tools used in the production line.
- Handling and use of inspection tools of the length measuring techniques (mechanical, optional, electrical).
Education/Special Qualifications :
- Quality Inspector Systems: A technician with a focus on Quality Inspection in system manufacturing in the aviation industry with a high school diploma.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant License" an A&P license including inspection authorization preferred.
- Airline experience is desirable.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands :
Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of personal and office electronic equipment. Working on jigs at fuselage at a height of 15 feet. Able to work on hydraulic lifts sometimes at a height of up to 40 feet.
Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 55lbs/25kg which engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
Lifting: able to occasionally lift up to 55lbs/25kg.
Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas.
Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
Squatting/Kneeling: able to work on in the wing or center box in a confined space. Entrance into wing by a 9.8 inch x 17.7 inch oval opening. Able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
Travel: able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time.
Walking: able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor and/or outdoor surfaces
As a leader in our field, Airbus provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.