- 14-Jul-2021 to 17-Sep-2021 (CST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Market Competitive hourly rate
As a contract role, benefits will be offered by the third party agency this individual is employed by.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defence as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Ensures corrosion protection is applied to every section and element of each aircraft as it proceeds through the Flowline. Clean areas of aircraft throughout the production process by hand and powered equipment, use cleaning fluids and materials in accordance with established procedures and/or regulations.
- Applies corrosion protection products to the aircraft throughout the assembly process.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and participates in LEAN activities.
- Performs cleaning of interior and exterior of aircraft including permit required confined spaces while using basic methods such as wiping and scraping of metal shavings, liquids, etc.
- Performs the duties of confined space attendant with responsibility to monitor activities inside and outside of a confined space, keep accurate count of entrants, ensure awareness of all hazards in the space and surrounding area, and summons rescue and other emergency services as soon as it is determined that entrants may need assistance to escape from the confined space.
- Performs installation of protection covers such as formal protective covers and alternate methods of protection.
- Use authorized chemicals to clean aircraft.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- High School Diploma, GED or an equivalent combination of training/experience
- The ability to successfully complete the following trainings provided by Airbus after recruitment:
- Health & Safety
- General aircraft familiarization
- Quality trainings
- Training from a vocational school or previous employer in the use of application tools and in application techniques
- 2 years minimum experience working with corrosion products and cleaning operations preferably in an aviation manufacturing or repair environment required
- 3+ years experience in an aviation manufacturing environment
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Must be able to transition work platforms and ladders.
- Must be able to use basic hand tools; screwdrivers, scrapers, wrenches.
- Keep tools and support equipment in safe operational conditions at all times.
- Must be able to work second shift.
- Demonstrable knowledge of corrosion products, their different purposes and uses.
- Familiarity with a variety of application tools and methods.
- Prior experience working in a LEAN Environment.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations regarding confined space entry, respiratory protection, proper use of personal protective equipment, fall protection, hazardous communications and other relevant regulations.
Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Vision: able to see and utilize fine work tools, computer screens; able to move through office and from point to point to find specific co-workers and in-house experts.
- Hearing: able to hear in normal conversations and respond to warnings and signals.
- Speaking: able to participate in normal business conversations.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copies, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to use work tools defined in job description with skill and acceptable results; able to operate standard office equipment and utilize electronic id to enter building.
- Carrying: able to carry up to 40 lbs./18kg. when transporting documents, printer paper and similar items.
- Lifting: able to lift up to 40lbs/18kg. on occasion.
- Reach: with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance: able to climb or balance in production areas.
- Confined Space: able to enter and exit a 12" x 22" passage and work through a 9.7" x 17.7" opening while using a respirator within a confined space for various lengths of time.
- Heights:able to work at heights of approximately 40 feet on various types of platforms and lifts for various lengths of time
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push/pull equipment, tools, production carts and office chairs and pieces of equipment.
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time in front of a machine, on a tool bench or computer terminal while writing bulletins or participating in meetings.
- Squatting / Kneeling / Crouch or Crawl: able to regularly squat/kneel/crouch or crawl to access items or tools stored on low shelving.
- Standing: able to stand for long periods of time in meetings and discussions.
- Travel: able to travel through office/work complex and occasionally within US for business meetings.
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas sometimes on uneven surfaces to obtain items for work, retrieve/replace tools and to reach meetings, visitors and direct others to meetings.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered. Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
This position is a temporary (contract) position with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on assignment to Airbus in America.