- 13-Nov-2020 to 29-Jan-2021 (CST)
- Mobile, AL, USA
- $19-21.00 Depending on Experience
As a contract role, benefits will be offered by the third party agency this individual is employed by.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defence as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Responsible for the structural installation of parts and major components in the manufacturing of the aircraft within assigned station area.
- Perform repair work (concessions/discrepancies).
- Positioning and assembly of components.
- Rework of external skin damage of the aircraft.
- Work in compliance with production orders, design documents, concessions and inspection procedures.
- Prepare and solve queries, ensure follow-up and give feedback.
- Examine and sort work orders and drawings.
- Prepare job station for daily activity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
This assignment will require rotating through first and second shift at a scheduled rotation.
- High school diploma or GED.
- The ability to successfully complete the following trainings provided by Airbus after recruitment:
- Health & Safety
- General aircraft familiarization
- Quality trainings
- Training from a vocational school or previous employer in the use of application tools and in application techniques.
- 2 years minimum experience in Aviation Production or equivalent or some experience may be substituted for an A&P certification
- Previous hands-on experience with drilling tools, templates, drilling machines, fasteners, and torqueing tools
- 5+ years minimum experience in Aviation Production
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Knowledge of station safety, quality (clean as you go/FOD) and OSHA regulations.
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- Able to enter, generate and retrieve information using a computer (SAP and Excel knowledge required)
- Vision: adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify markings and digital outputs on calibrated tools. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing: able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking: able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of tools and equipment including hydraulic lifts and arms.
- Carrying: able to occasionally carry up to 20lbs/9kg while engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
- Confined Space: able to enter and exit a 12" x 22" passage and work through a 9.7" x 17.7" opening while using a respirator within a confined space for various lengths of time.
- Heights: able to work at heights of approximately 40 feet on various types of platforms and lifts for various lengths of time
- Lifting: able to occasionally lift up to 30lbs/14kg.
- Pushing/Pulling: able to push/pull items in office areas and on shop floor.
- Sitting: able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing: able to stand for extended periods of time delivering information.
- Travel/Mobility: able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time and on short notice. Able to work outside hangers in changing locations.
- Walking: able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor or outdoor surfaces other business interactions
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered. Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
This position is a temporary (contract) position with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on assignment to Airbus in America.