- 23-Jan-2023 to 06-Feb-2023 (EST)
- AA10405010 - Mobile Engineering
- Mobile, AL, USA
- Market Competitive
As a contract role, benefits will be offered by the third party agency this individual is employed by.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Position Summary: The Service Bulletin Customer Support organization has the mission to
deliver and support value added solutions to maintain continued aircraft airworthiness and
improve Airbus customer's operations & profitability. The Revision Program Manager (RPM) is
responsible for the end-to-end management of revision Standard Service Bulletins (SB),
priorities & planning assessment, as well as monitoring in-service experience through the
supervision of Airline queries.
● Accountable for A320/A350/A330/A340 revision SB management covering all ATA
● Ensure interface with program teams and other departments in Europe
● Ensure overall execution of Customer-centric projects.
● Manage the revision SB inflow and outflow to be in line with the AOP (Capacity, Budget)
● Consolidate all inputs in order to make a decision on whether or not to launch a Service
● Attend weekly follow up meetings with European and local counterparts
● Manage revision SB priorities & planning to be on time and in line with on-time
● Validate SB revision launching based on return of in service experience (airline queries)
● Supervise SB in-service experience and agree on appropriate means of communication
towards operators depending on context
● Harmonize work practices with other programs and ensure adherence to SB process
● Support internal and external improvement projects interfacing with SB product,
processes and tools
● Identify potential customer needs & expectations as it relates to Service Bulletins
● Work directly with Airbus teams to facilitate communication (SB Production, Design
Office, Customer Service Engineering, SB Programs, SB Engineering, Kitting department
● Ensure that Customer's feedback is captured and properly cascaded to the Airbus
Customer Service organization for continual improvement. Support Quality initiatives
through the Airbus Customer Services organization.
● Report results in relation to Key Performance Indicators on a monthly basis.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
• Minimum three years in aircraft customer service field, and/or five years of experience
in an engineering classification preferred
• Knowledge of aircraft configuration management and certification.
• Broad experience in aircraft technology (structure and systems).
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with both internal and
external customers in a professional manner
• Project management experience desired
• Systems Engineering training or experience desired
• Ability to read/write/speak English.
• Team oriented - ability to work as a member of a team with other departments locally
• Ability and experience to lead multi-discipline projects
• Airbus experience preferred with various Airbus programs (A320 Family, A350, A330
• Able to take initiative and be self motivated
• Able to develop, cultivate and maintain contacts
• Airline experience is desired.
• Proficiency with Google suite.
• Basic programming knowledge desired
• Coding in at least one of the industry-standard languages is desired
Education / Special Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably in customer services business, or a
sufficient combination of education and experience in the aerospace industry. Program
Management experience desired.
This position is a temporary (contract) position with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on assignment to Airbus in America.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.