- 18-Nov-2022 to 06-Feb-2023 (EST)
- AA10304010 - Wichita Engineering
- Wichita, KS, USA
- Market Competitive
As a contract role, benefits will be offered by the third party agency this individual is employed by.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defence as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
To provide assistance to engineering staff by assisting and/or completing simple to routine tasks that are required to release aircraft engineering data. The variety of tasks is unrestricted and will evolve depending on the abilities and interests of the student.
- Assist in coordination as required with Customers and Suppliers.
- Support and develop documentation with guidance for aircraft design and/or analysis efforts.
- Provide support to engineering teams by utilizing various applications such as CATIA, MS Office, G-Suite, etc.
- Assist in the development of presentation material, predominantly illustration development and data presentation.
Depending on students strengths, they will be assigned to a specific domain: Design, Static Stress, Fatigue & Damage Tolerance, Finite Element Modelling, etc. With each domain, additional responsibilities could be the following:
- 3D modelling or 2D drafting tasks
- Proof reading technical documentation and updating spelling, grammar, formatting, or other minor errors.
- Compile data results into useful formats
- Maintaining file directory structures
- Creating tipsheets and/or guidelines
- Coordinating release of data in to appropriate vault systems
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Working towards Bachelors of Science Degree preferred
- Must have GPA of 3.0 or higher
- MS Office
- CATIA preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and coordinate with many different functions.
- Ability to excel in a detail oriented environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- 0% Domestic and International
- Authorized to Work in the US
- Must be currently located in the Wichita, KS metro area
Nature of Contacts:
- Communication on a regular basis with internal parties only
- Candidate should be comfortable working for extending periods of time using computers and in an office environment.
Equal Opportunity: Airbus is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Airbus is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
As a leader in our field, Airbus provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Employment with Airbus is at will, meaning either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.