- 17-Nov-2022 to 10-Feb-2023 (EST)
- AA10001081 - Procurement Cabin
- Seattle, WA, USA
- $125,000.00 - $135,000.00 depending on candidate's experience
- Base + Bonus
- Full Time
This position offers the following benefits: Medical insurance, Prescription insurance, Healthcare Advocacy, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal/Sick Time, Paid Holidays, Bonus(es). After one year of service, can elect to participate in 401(k). These are our current benefit offerings for the 2022 plan year and are subject to change without notice.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
This position is responsible for various program suppliers and is accountable for ensuring on time delivery and on quality of cabin equipment (Monuments, Floor to Floor, IFE, seats, etc. work packages) for Airbus Aircrafts. The Supply Chain Quality Manager II is in daily contact with suppliers and internal customers (located in US and Europe). They draw on their past expertise in Quality Management and strong relationship building skills to problem-solve and proactively mitigate Supply Chain issues. The nature of the job requires a high level of autonomy and good level of soft skills including communication.
This role is remote in Seattle, WA with travel to the Airbus office in Newport Beach, California office every six weeks in addition to frequent on-site visits with suppliers.
Supply Chain and Quality Management: 70%
- Work on-site at either the allocated supplier site or in an Airbus office minimum 3 days per week.
- Ensure maturity and robustness of Cabin Supplier's manufacturing and supply chain processes to avoid supply failures
- Utilize best practices and quality management techniques to continuously improve Supply Chain related performances for deliveries of supplied products
- Assess supplier capacity and capability to secure ramp-up period as well as Airbus industrial objectives (major planning changes, ramp down, etc.)
- Monitor and analyze performance through Key Performance Indicators and organize the surveillance of the suppliers through audits, assessments, recovery plan and mission, CID (Corrective, Improvement, Development) and industrial risks management with internal and external concerned parties
- Appropriately monitor major industrial risks, major changes (industrial transfers, major planning changes) and supporting design changes on an industrial point of view in order to protect Airbus operations
- Initiate and follow recovery plans with Suppliers in case of delivery performances degradation to ensure deliveries are back to Airbus requirements
- Ensure Suppliers' preventive/corrective action plans are managed and achievements are at the expected level in terms of end results.
- Prepare and support regular management reviews (PRM, Industrial Senior Management Meeting, Quality Supply Chain Meetings) with suppliers to review regularly delivery and supply chain performances and ensuring that preventive/corrective & improvement actions are continuously undertaken.
Internal Stakeholder Management: 20%
- Manage relationship with internal stakeholders, such as MFT leaders, Programs and Final Assembly Lines (FALs). This includes communication, customer / supplier relation & meetings, and improvement actions.
Other Responsibilities: 10%
- Complete required trainings
- Special projects and stretch assignments
- Mentor new hires and support colleagues as needed
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Communicating at all levels within the supplier's organization and Airbus to influence the decision making
- Ability to summarize complex industrial situations in a clear manner
- Team Player with excellent communication skills, customer-oriented, problem solving and flexible way of working.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.