- 18-Oct-2022 to 06-Feb-2023 (EST)
- AA10304010 - Wichita Engineering
- Wichita, KS, USA
- Market Competitive Rate
As a contract role, benefits will be offered by the third party agency this individual is employed by.
This position supports the development of aircraft structures as a Fatigue and Damage Tolerance analyst. Duties include performing fatigue and damage tolerance analyses for metallic parts. Methods include the use of both classical hand calculations and computer techniques to develop high strength to weight ratio structures.
- Perform durability and damage tolerance analyses to verify that structural integrity requirements have been met. Team assignments may include detail part sizing, layout maturation, trade study analysis, weight reduction efforts, certification activity, or in-service support.
- Document analyses in support of trade studies or detail drawing sign-out for airframe structure. Contact customers, suppliers, and/or subcontractors to exchange technical data and to discuss project performance.
- Position requires in-depth knowledge of classical and numerical (Finite Element) analysis methods.
- Provide leadership and on-the-job training for less experienced structural analysts.
- Interpret complex information to derive or design components of a product, and integrate these within the relevant disciplines within the business.
- Resolve technical problems that would critically affect performance, cost, or schedule.
- Provide program related and technical guidance to engineering project teams.
- Accept broad objectives with agreed deadlines, but establish the tasks required and how they should be completed. Capable of working independently.
- Ensure application of best practices and identifies the need for enhanced processes, methods, and tools.
- Utilize tool sets at an accomplished/mastery level.
- Technical signature authority in assigned discipline if appropriate.
Education / Special Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Engineering (Aero, Civil, Mechanical) with a strong curriculum emphasis on structural design and analysis and mechanics of materials is required. A Master's Degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 13 years total analysis experience in airframe design programs. At least 8 years of experience in F&DT or a master's degree with emphasis on fracture mechanics is desired.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Experience in airframe design, stress analysis, composites, MRB, FAR/JAR/CS/ Part 21, Certification, CATIA, NASTRAN, PATRAN and HYPERWORKS is desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, & PowerPoint) required.
- Proficiency with G-Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) a plus.
- Must be able to communication effectively in English (verbal and written)
- Conversational in French and/or German is a plus, but not required.
- <5% Domestic and International
- Authorized to work in the US
Nature of Contacts:
- Involved Communication on a daily basis with internal and external parties
- Candidate should be comfortable working for extending periods of time using computers and in an office environment.
This position is a temporary (contract) position with no specific time period but could be extended or shortened as needed. Contractors are employed by a 3rd party vendor and placed on assignment to Airbus in America.